New Side Project - "Dying Bees"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Side Project - "Dying Bees"

Toaster and I got together and jammed yesterday. The result is a new side project we are calling "Dying Bees."

Check it out and enjoy!
    -S1gns

https://soundcloud.com/dying-bees/these-last-few-days

https://soundcloud.com/dying-bees/julia

http://www.soundcloud.com/dying-bees

Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Listened to both tracks - well done you two. Should shape up to be something very good. Already like you both individually.
    owner / artist
    relaxed machinery - organic .: ambient :. techno
    http://relaxedmachinery.com
    open creative community: https://ello.co/elloambient

Comment

I came here to post this.

Kidding.

Comment

I echo john's words, guys..really nice work..loved both track, but the second one .."Julia"..is my favorite. Just like the feel of it a little more than the first track. Hope you guys give this project a little more time and produce a full album like this. :thumbsup:

Comment

I must say, this is fun stuff to produce. There's absolutely no hint of ego here which is why the music sounds the way it does. That's really what it's all about...just create for the sake of creation and then use what skills you got at the time to produce the best sound you possibly can.

Dying Bees is the result of that...expect more great things in the near future!

Cheers,
          -S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

These are two great tracks, although I think I prefer 'These Last few Days' - couldn't say why. It doesn't sound like either of you individually but it's certainly a winning combination :D
            My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
            Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

New Dying Bees! Here is a rough mix of our latest track "Please Summon."

Please enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/dying-bees/please-summon-rough-mix
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Not bad at all for a "rough mix", Chris..can't wait to hear the finished mix when it's done and dusted. Nice one! :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
                  Not bad at all for a "rough mix", Chris..can't wait to hear the finished mix when it's done and dusted. Nice one! :thumbsup:
                  Thanks, man. Really, all that's left to do is some EQing and other stuff that I swear no one else will notice, but somehow is important to the process. We have a couple more tracks that are being worked on; I believe we're aiming for some sort of formal release this year, but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Cool..can't wait for it to come out. It sounds like a really interesting project you guys are cooking up. :sing:

Comment

really cool stuff you guys!

Comment

Nice one guys. I listened to all three tracks, but I think I have to go with These Last Few Days based on a single listen to each one. It's got a deeper, more enticing vibe I think. It lured me in. Like an ambient ProjeKct Two.

Good work
                        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Hey S1gns n Toaster.

Loving the chords totally in Last Few Day's. Really like the different harmonies blending in with each other and the ever so distant fx in the background. Especially from 2:09. Sound's like a proper jamming session to, but one that definitely works. I can sense the dedication & passion involved between you both who are very simply just creating music together and this piece being the final result. Just a very well crafted song & nice title to.

Julia. Well what can I say, the intro is beautifully done with what sound's like muffled horn's crossing each others paths. The slow choppy beats to belong here & the different sound's interacting with each other fading in & out of the track & what sound's like seagulls chirping in/out but electronic seagulls. The over all sound appears slightly out of sync/but in sync to, but in such a way were life is finding it's own way keeping the music interesting n surreal. What I mean is when I play chords well I tend not to play along with the metronome much as I prefer a much more scatty slightly out of sync feel. That's what the Julia song doe's for me.

But Last Few Day's is definitely my favorite out of the two. It really works from 2:09 with the different keys again blending in/out of each other and the slight percussion at 3:57 & then from 4:51 rolling into the second phase of the track to 5:55, again interesting keys keeping it interesting & moody. Just a lovely song with a beginning/middle & end like a well written story warming some ones day.

The Rough Mix immediately appeared much more alive and springy somehow like a party song with its mixture of diverse chords and drum patterns, its the kind of song I would definitely reach for that extra mental stimulation/inspiration. I absolutely adore the different chords all playing at the very same time and the beats keeping the song charged and peaking at its best. It flows really nice to from beginning to end. The chords sound kind of trippy as well like that's what makes this track stand out really well. I also really enjoyed the slight in the background bass, that's what grabbed my attention at the start, like it sneeks in but can be heard, like that's important to, just because a particular chord/fx is played/added and it may not be heard by someone listening, well its there fattening up the track anyway, like an extra ingredient spicing up a soup.

But what intrigued me the most about this song was of the many chords/fx that are appearing in all their different shapes & sizes, well it totally works to. Like the song sounds cluttered with so many things happening all at once, but it feels balanced to, like its plot is not lost. Nicely done. I have always kept in mind not to kill a track by putting to much into it as much as I want to, but now I feel differently after hearing this track because it can be done, its just how an arrangement or song can be structured. That's were learned skills come into play, but skills learned from reading & listening.

I will definitely look forward to more of this music in the future.

Thank you both for your inspiration & for sharing these gems with the community.
                          Fantastic stuff :tu:
                          Last edited by meta4; 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM.
                          life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                            just create for the sake of creation and then use what skills you got at the time to produce the best sound you possibly can.
                            Well there it is in a nutshell > just create for the sake of creation....

That's exactly what making music is. It's very simply just that, just letting yourself go & play and that's it, but more importantly enjoying it to. That's the crucial part, actually enjoying that hungry feeling, the passion for doing what we all enjoy the most, making beautiful music so others can enjoy to. Sharing it amongst the world/universe. They hit play and their day may suddenly appear very bright and wonderful and they feel enlightened because of it, confident even, just by simply enjoying the music.

That's the power of music creations.

Since being a member here myself, I have found in me a new confidence born simply by listening & reading the posts/threads on here, it's all a learning experience for me and I am still learning. On here I learn something new each day and I give thanks to the other members for their contributions and efforts for keeping Ambient Online alive & strong & growing prosperously for the future.

But yes, use what skills you own and use them fluently in such a way were improvisation can only be at its truly best, that's were the best music come's from. I try not to think to much when am enjoying my projects, I just do, that way there is less pressure and more enjoying involved, because at the end of the day that's all it's about anyway. I always find that when I make a track and I don't feel happy with it, well that doesn't necessarily mean someone else won't like it to, they may even listen to it in a whole different light than how we may hear it. Or at least that's the frame of mind I always keep myself in when I am working on my projects.
                            Last edited by meta4; 02-25-2014, 01:47 PM.
                            life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Wow, Richy, thanks for the detailed thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                              X