X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming across the Sapphire Sky

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth...s-the-sapphire

Part of my on-going music project.
    Instrumental, Progressive Ambient, with some Native American influence.
    Feedback always welcome.
    Ambient Pads-Presets-Patches

Just gave this one a listen, really enjoyable stuff! The mix of instruments and ambient is always a welcoming sound and you've done it quite well here. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Nice piece of music, very assured and stately pace. The subtle, jazzy drums work really well here.
      My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
      Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
        Just gave this one a listen, really enjoyable stuff! The mix of instruments and ambient is always a welcoming sound and you've done it quite well here. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Thanks S1gns,

Very much appreciate the feedback and the site.
        For me, the big question is, can drums be driving in Ambient music without it becoming something else.
        This is an issue I wrestle with in creating Ambient music.

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
          Nice piece of music, very assured and stately pace. The subtle, jazzy drums work really well here.
          Thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated!

Comment

Oooooh I loved the moment the bells came in!! Really changed the mood/dynamic and made it unique. They melody contour of the bells seem to have a quirky/playful nature...I really like it! Playful one moment, then enchanting and reassuring the next.

I don't think these drums are "driving", in this track they are more like they are "setting the stage" for the rest of the instruments.

Wasn't sure about the ending.... felt like it could have done with a bit more...I don't know....just feels like perhaps it is leading into another "Part" as if it were a series? I'm left with a feeling of "should have been a little more".....maybe that is the intention though
            I did like the pads at the end though. Very melancholy.

Comment

Dreaming across the Sapphire Sky

Originally posted by RikkiSho View Post
              Oooooh I loved the moment the bells came in!! Really changed the mood/dynamic and made it unique. They melody contour of the bells seem to have a quirky/playful nature...I really like it! Playful one moment, then enchanting and reassuring the next.

I don't think these drums are "driving", in this track they are more like they are "setting the stage" for the rest of the instruments.

Wasn't sure about the ending.... felt like it could have done with a bit more...I don't know....just feels like perhaps it is leading into another "Part" as if it were a series? I'm left with a feeling of "should have been a little more".....maybe that is the intention though
              I did like the pads at the end though. Very melancholy.

Great feedback!
              Some useful details and supportive info.
              This gives me some food for thought.
              Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
              X