Xalpheon - Distraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xalpheon - Distraction

Hey guys. This is the thread in which I'll be putting my Distraction tracks when they get released. The plan is that I'll release them one by one on compilation albums, and when I've done that with all, I'll release them as this album, Distraction, myself. Note that the side-stories and cover arts to the tracks are all made by yours truly ;)

The distraction always follows behind, striking when called upon by the subconsciousness. This album is an attempt at adapting to the motion of distraction. Included in that attempt is a collection of movements that aim to impose a numb fear, and simultaneously hold up a in that it provides both the incentive to fear and the shield that protects one against it, to allow the listener to reserve his or her thoughts for intended amazement and revelation. If intentions find themselves to be unaccomplished, and as much so if they do get accomplished, either way we are one experience richer by the end of it.

I encourage you to experience sound in a new way. Allow yourself to be afraid. It's the first step to get rid of it. Allow yourself to be amazed. It's a big joy in life. Allow yourself to be distracted every now and then. It's all a part of it.

So here's the first track!

A (Awaken)

http://soundcloud.com/xalpheon/a-awaken/

The first awakening was a gentle one. The soul was cautiously welcomed by his curious, prying surroundings. The soul was set free into the land of the living, to grow its tree of experiences amongst all others he now gazes upon.

Released on Derpy's Wings III (for free).
    Last edited by Xalpheon; 06-02-2014, 04:22 PM.
    Xalpheon on SoundCloud
    | main alias

Wax eloquent - wane together

I love the percussive tones in this. How did you create them? Physical modeling? FM? Samples?

Comment

Everything (except the chime of higher frequencies) is a sample actually. I just optimalized them and combined them to create a beautiful (in my perspective) harmony.
      Glad you like it :thumbsup:
      Xalpheon on SoundCloud
      | main alias

Comment

B (Bridge)

https://soundcloud.com/xalpheon/b-bridge

A separation between safety and destination. A bridge that leads to the seeked unknown. The perilous abyss below stares at you with patience, waiting for that one slip-up. Only those of the strongest mind will get where they need to be.

Released on Soulless Afternoons (for free, as bonus track).

I'm giving you well the chance to take some time to sit back and contemplate, to let your mind wander. Use this time to your personal benefit.
        Xalpheon on SoundCloud
        | main alias

Comment

Working...
        X