Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% Generative Ambient Track with FM8

https://soundcloud.com/vortex1-1/noatikl2fm8

8 Instances of FM8 being played by Noatikl2 AU. The reverb used is Uhbik-A which is then fed into Fxpansion Bus Compressor from DCAM Dynamics.
    Everything was rendered at 96khz 24bit and then dithered down to 44.1khz 16bit within Ableton during the rendering process.
    All in all everything was fairly minimalistic, but it was a time consuming process learning how to use Noatikl2 within Ableton Live 8!
    First track using Noatikl 2!
    Feel free to download, modify etc..

I had to use the OSX app Midi Patchbay to reroute the midi from the Noatikl AU to my instances of FM8 all within Ableton. It was a bit strange that Noatikl would not let me do Midi routings with just itself.

Midi Patchbay -- > http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/

This entire track was more of an experiment than something Id actual feel was a "Track" so I have to work a bit on learning a bit more about how to program noatikl better.
    Last edited by V0RT3X; 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM.
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Quite a successful experiment, I'd say. FM8 is a tweaker's dream for those not intimidated by FM synthesis, and from the little I know about Noatikl, I don't blame you for wanting to pair the two.
    Since you said "Feel free to download, modify, etc." I might just do that- it may end up being part of my WIP for AO ;)
    "Critics can’t stand these records, by and large, because in their search for eternal adolescence, they still want it all to be spunky and manic and witty."
    -Brian Eno

Comment

Oh wow dude this is GORGEOUS!!! Which is awesome to see considering how I tried Noatikl today with not much success. This is HIGHLY successful. You are definitely on to something. This could be a whole other direction for you!!!!

I'm going to download and ENJOY it. Awesome work V0RT3X!!!!
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Thanks everyone! Also duckett if you or anyone else wants the Raw Midi tracks that were used I can upload those

Comment

Uploaded the track midi files that i used !

Noatikl2FM8.zip

Comment

Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
            Uploaded the track midi files that i used !
            Very interesting!!! I downloaded these and loaded them up in a host. Straight up craziness!!! Which Noatikl preset did you use?!? Or was this entirely from scratch?! Either way, what an amazing group of 8 tracks.

Impressive!!! :tu:
            Synphaera Records
            Space | Time | Matter

Comment

This is really cool.

How much control do you have over the sounds and "melody"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
                This is really cool.
                Isn't it though? I just love this track!!!!!!!! Dax IX, have you tried Noatikl yet?!
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Not yet. I actually haven't had much time for music at all recently, but I'm starting to get back to it again. :tu:

Comment

Wow, really love that stately synthetic vibe... fm8 does sound so good, I should pick it up some time.

Comment

This sounds very good. I'm interested in generative ambient things in general. I've got Mixtikl on the iPad, but haven't dug into it much yet. I really like the idea of MIDI controlling synths with a generative tool. I've got to check out Noatikl!

Does anyone here have any experience doing this sort of thing with PD?

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                        Very interesting!!! I downloaded these and loaded them up in a host. Straight up craziness!!! Which Noatikl preset did you use?!? Or was this entirely from scratch?! Either way, what an amazing group of 8 tracks.

Impressive!!! :tu:
                        Noatikl has a bunch of options that basically generates midi information on the fly based on a set of rules you give it. I didn't really do much other than tweak a few knobs and alter a few variables, so noatikl really did everything else. I could do a Video tutorial in the future on how to use Noatikl + Live together and show people a bit of what I did

Comment

Originally posted by polyslax View Post
                          Wow, really love that stately synthetic vibe... fm8 does sound so good, I should pick it up some time.
                          FM8 is incredible sounding, and it also uses up like barely any CPU! I would definitely recommend FM8 as a tool for anyone who needs a excellent FM synth.

Comment

Lovely sounds, V0RT3X. FM8 sounds good and I really enjoyed the development of this piece. Quite beautiful.
                            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
                            X