after a long absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after a long absence

I haven't been making or listenign to music for quite a while as i try and focus a bit on setting up a business. This is the first thing I have made for along while https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/for-chris
    this is a collaboration with Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil.com/- I know Chris from facebook and have admired his aeolian guitar/harp work for ages. he kindly lent me a track and I have reworked it here by changing the sample rates of multiple copies to give me various justintonation ratios of pitch across the entire file. Mix and release.
    S1gnsOfL1fe
    AO Owner/Operator
    Last edited by S1gnsOfL1fe; 10-16-2014, 09:43 AM. Reason: Fixed the formatted text...welcome back!

Good to see you back.

That's a lovely piece, one of those drones you kind of absorb, almost forget you're listening to.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

thanks GaryG for those nice words

Comment

this is great. It reminds me a bit of Robert Rich early works and I like the way you have waves of drones ebbing and flowing, parts fading in and out. Great effect.

Comment

thanks Scott - I don't know Robert Rich's work so I'll see if I can dig some up on youtube

Comment

Nicely done Greg! I second Scott about the ebbing & flowing. It's a very calming piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
              Nicely done Greg! I second Scott about the ebbing & flowing. It's a very calming piece.
              thanks Bruce, nice to hear the piece has a calming effect

Comment

Working...
              X