New guitar ambient album out now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar ambient album out now!

I have a new album available to download on Bandcamp now. It's called 'Sublime', and you can name your price. My recent efforts have been very deliberately composed, so to touch base with my original modus operandi this one is almost entirely improvised on guitar, occasionally with some extra instrumentation added afterwards. The track titles are an oblique tribute to my favourite sci-fi author, the late, great Iain M. Banks. Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/ambientsketchbook/euphoria

I am sorry, I jumped the gun and brought it up in "Recommended Listening" since I didn't see a post anywhere about it.

Really good album.

Comment

That's grest Aovi, I appreciate the support! :-)

Comment

I thought I replied to this before, but don't see it here. Well, I think the album is actually sublime! And the connection to Iain M. Banks also caught my eye, as he is my current favorite SF author as well. I did not know, however, that he had passed away. Tragic loss.
        Some of my music has been influenced by his writing as well. Particularly my track
        "Reflection on a performance viewed upon a terrace of the abandoned Girdlecity of Xown". It was inspired to large degree by the opening scenes of Hydrogen Sonata.

Comment

Excellent track, performed on the Antagonistic Undecagonstring if I'm not mistaken. ;)

I'm glad you like Sublime. I was just finishing a marathon read through Banks' entire SF output when I made the album. Such a loss indeed. The last book contains an interview in which he discusses where the Culture series could go in the future; sadly, it was not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ambientsketchbook View Post
            Excellent track, performed on the Antagonistic Undecagonstring if I'm not mistaken. ;)
            Sadly not even an emulation of that magnificent instrument...I wouldn't dare to try! This is just an echo of a memory of a perception of hearing the sound of the Antagonistic Undecagonstring. And that at some distance

Comment

I've just read that Terry Pratchett has passed away. Sci-fi is a poorer place today.

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
                Originally posted by ambientsketchbook View Post
                Sadly not even an emulation of that magnificent instrument...I wouldn't dare to try! This is just an echo of a memory of a perception of hearing the sound of the Antagonistic Undecagonstring. And that at some distance
                Scifi geeks...

(prays no one notices my signature ;))

Very sad about TP though, can't say I've read massive amounts of his stuff but you just know the human race is worse off without him in it.
                Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                X