Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further Consideration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Further Consideration

    Merry Christmas to one and all, hope everyone is enjoying the festive season.
    If you are bored and want to waste 24 minutes have a listen to the piece below. Probably best listened at low volume in a quiet room, if listened to at all.

    https://soundcloud.com/graham-mcarthur/further-consideration
    | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |



  • #2
    this is a long piece , so i put it on as i pottered around doing stuff that needed doing ... i found myself stopping and listening every now and then . a great drifting relaxing piece of work . good job ;)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shaun rylands View Post
      this is a long piece , so i put it on as i pottered around doing stuff that needed doing ...
      I am doing the same :listening:
      It's all an illusion.

      https://soundcloud.com/skyhighdiamonds

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shaun rylands View Post
        this is a long piece , so i put it on as i pottered around doing stuff that needed doing ... i found myself stopping and listening every now and then . a great drifting relaxing piece of work . good job ;)
        Thank you. Appreciate your kind comments. Thanks for listening
        | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sky High Diamonds View Post
          Originally posted by shaun rylands View Post
          this is a long piece , so i put it on as i pottered around doing stuff that needed doing ...
          I am doing the same :listening:
          Thanks for listening, much appreciated!
          | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |


          Comment


          • #6
            Hi, I left a comment on your Sound Cloud too. I really liked the flow of the piece, the piano/keyboard came in and left again at exactly the right times for me. The image of the sea, the waves rolling in was really poignant (for me). What struck me most was the disharmony at the beginning. I found it unsettling, in a good way! And then, when it left, i missed it and my ears kept looking for it, occasionally you revisited it, which kept it really alive and present. I thought that was a very clever device :biggrin:. Cheers.
            It's all an illusion.

            https://soundcloud.com/skyhighdiamonds

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sky High Diamonds View Post
              Hi, I left a comment on your Sound Cloud too. I really liked the flow of the piece, the piano/keyboard came in and left again at exactly the right times for me. The image of the sea, the waves rolling in was really poignant (for me). What struck me most was the disharmony at the beginning. I found it unsettling, in a good way! And then, when it left, i missed it and my ears kept looking for it, occasionally you revisited it, which kept it really alive and present. I thought that was a very clever device :biggrin:. Cheers.
              Many thanks! It is a pleasant surprise to get feedback of any kind, but even better when the listener enjoys the work. I get very few listens and even less in the way of comments. Thanks for taking the time to listen and for being kind enough to comment. Very much appreciated. Thanks also for the soundcloud visit - I have been thinking of deleting my soundcloud due to lack of interest.
              | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |


              Comment


              • #8
                Hey Graham, it's a pleasure to hear other forum members music. That's why I joined and I find feedback very useful sometimes. Also, it's good to share :biggrin:. It would be a shame to delete your Soundcloud, you never know who may randomly stumble across your page and enjoy what you have done.
                It's all an illusion.

                https://soundcloud.com/skyhighdiamonds

                Comment


                • #9
                  I understand what you are saying. I enjoy listening to everyone's music, that is why I am here, and on soundcloud. But I have lost interest in keeping my soundcloud page going. I don't need to keep a soundcloud page to listen to others, so why bother. I have been listening to more stuff on bandcamp lately and buying the odd album here and there and enjoying it more than soundcloud. Both sites tend to have more negative comments then positive ones. In fact I haven't read anything positive about either site really. Seems they are both disliked by the majority. The recent bad press about bandcamp has sparked my interest It is new to me, so therefore I find it interesting, certainly more user friendly then soundcloud and I think the sound quality is better on bandcamp as well, or maybe that is just an over active imagination because the graphics are better
                  | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Maharg View Post
                    I understand what you are saying. I enjoy listening to everyone's music, that is why I am here, and on soundcloud. But I have lost interest in keeping my soundcloud page going. I don't need to keep a soundcloud page to listen to others, so why bother. I have been listening to more stuff on bandcamp lately and buying the odd album here and there and enjoying it more than soundcloud. Both sites tend to have more negative comments then positive ones. In fact I haven't read anything positive about either site really. Seems they are both disliked by the majority. The recent bad press about bandcamp has sparked my interest It is new to me, so therefore I find it interesting, certainly more user friendly then soundcloud and I think the sound quality is better on bandcamp as well, or maybe that is just an over active imagination because the graphics are better
                    I've never had a negative comment on soundcloud - I don't think I've ever even seen one on anyone's music. What sort of things do people say? Is it some sort of trolling thing or are they people who are actually listening and hating stuff so much they just have to burst out with it. I get the occasional fake porn account or someone fishing for follows who clearly has never heard what I do, but even that has only happened a few times. On theo ther hand I'm not all that popular so maybe I am below the threshold of being noticed by jerks
                    Last edited by GregH; 12-31-2014, 10:52 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Woggle, sorry if I mislead you. My comment about comments was not referring to the 'comments' on the tracks uploaded. (I can see how it could be read that way), but I was referring to comments in various forums that always seem to be more negative about soundcloud and bandcamp in general - not many happy with being a member with earthier one. I seem to read a lot of complaints about policies, procedures and little value in having a presence on either site. It appears that way to me anyway.
                      Also apologies for getting off-track on this thread.
                      | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Maharg View Post
                        Hi Woggle, sorry if I mislead you. My comment about comments was not referring to the 'comments' on the tracks uploaded. (I can see how it could be read that way), but I was referring to comments in various forums that always seem to be more negative about soundcloud and bandcamp in general - not many happy with being a member with earthier one. I seem to read a lot of complaints about policies, procedures and little value in having a presence on either site. It appears that way to me anyway.
                        Also apologies for getting off-track on this thread.
                        thanks - my apologies for misunderstanding

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X