• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackivan
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta T View Post
    Thank you for this!
    thank you for taking the time to listen :-)

IvanB

Leave a comment:

• des
    replied
    Thank you for this!

Leave a comment:

• blackivan
    replied
    thank you all and thank you for listening

IvanB

Leave a comment:

• Ambient Mechanics
    replied
    Yeah..I second what Bruce said, as well as share in how you feel personally. TD was a wake-up call for me musically..a kind of wonderful "coming together" of all things musical..and an inspirational whisper to my soul that there were even more wonderful things out there in the land of music yet to be discovered.

I've often heard it said that TD only caught on due to the "heady" times in which they surfaced..and I guess there's some truth in that, but to me it's always been the honest and deceptive simplicity of their work, along with the fluid way each track evolves, that made me sit up and take notice. In short, I honestly hadn't heard anything like them before.

Now..all these years later, since I first heard them in the 70s, many have taken they sound and made their own of it..but those somewhat complex treatments of the original TD style just aren't the same. It's one of those things sadly, where the original is still the best..even though it's now viewed as being firmly left in the past.."Retro" even. Again, this may be true, but it's a real shame the public seems to just drop such gold as TD in order to follow modern musical trends and charts..but I guess that's the nature of human musical evolution.

Anyway, thanks for sharing such a great track..loved it..and the DL is very much appreciated, too. Nice one.. :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    He was a huge influence for many of us as well. Thank you Ivan for sharing this memorial track with us!

Leave a comment:

• blackivan
    started a topic For Edgar (Free)

For Edgar (Free)

https://soundcloud.com/ivan-black/for-edgar-free

After hearing the news about Edgar I sat down at my Mellatron and improvised this track. The man was a huge influence on me and I hope it conveys how I feel about losing one of the main influences on my music. I will miss his genius as i am sure many more will.

IvanB
Working...
X