Nothing is Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing is Forever

Hey, this is my first pure ambient track, and i'm just wondering if it's any good, (i posted a version of this earlier but i need to fix the end.)

https://soundcloud.com/emiba-devices/nothing-is-forever

nice drone, well done ... I love the mood!
    ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

May a start with some advice? You really should normalize it. Don't compress it; just re-export it (if it's done in a DAW) at a higher output level (a few dB below the 0dB ceiling will be just fine). I listen to your piece on my stereo and really have to crank up the volume very high to hear the very subtle somewhat "breath like" (no other way to describe it yet) noises in the background.

My opinion: I really like it! I think the textures are very engaging and the harmonies are nice. It's simple but there's nothing wrong with that. On the contrary. It's pure ambient indeed and I like that.
      Boqurant | Boqurant on Soundcloud

Comment

Thank you for listening, as for normalization i did so, and posted it so that it is now the track posted above, did that fix the problem?
        Last edited by Emiba Devices; 06-30-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emiba Devices View Post
          Thank you for listening, as for normalization i did so, and posted it so that it is now the track posted above, did that fix the problem?
          Oh yes: this is so much better! There's much more going on then I heard yesterday man. Not only do I hear the breath like sound much better but I'm also hearing the repeating drop like sound now. There's a problem with the fadeout however but really, it's a great little track! BTW: There would be no problem in adding another 2 minutes or so (but that's personal).

Comment

I fixed the fade out, and i went with the length that it is because i'm sort of of a fan of shorter ambient tracks (some of Eno's stuff is around that length)

Comment

Originally posted by Emiba Devices View Post
              I fixed the fade out, and i went with the length that it is because i'm sort of of a fan of shorter ambient tracks (some of Eno's stuff is around that length)
              Some of Eno's stuff is almost or over an hour in length (Thursday Afternoon, Neroli) :listening:
              I reliked and recommented your track BTW.

Comment

Really enjoying this. Love this form of ambient and this is a fantastic example. Beautiful, detailed, textured...brilliant. Great work, please keep it up!

Cheers,
                -S1gns
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Reupload the sound? Not on SoundCloud at the moment and would love to hear it.

Comment

re-uploaded the track, sorry about that, hope you like it

Comment

A relative newcomer to ambient music myself, but I really enjoyed this track, beautiful drone and tones, love the "watery / nature" underlying sound.

Like you I tend to create shorter pieces, but as Boqurant has said, I could have happily listened for longer.

Keep it up, nice work..

James..
                      Please feel free to check out my music - thank you
                      https://olivary.bandcamp.com/music

Comment

this is beautiful, i listened twice!

Comment

this is a great track, has a wonderful flow to it

Comment

Working...
                          X