• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always in search of a Better Life

Just released my latest ambient track:

https://soundcloud.com/boqurant/always-in-search-of-a-better-life

Not much to add... Hope you like it.
    Last edited by Boqurant; 07-17-2015, 12:30 PM.
    Boqurant | Boqurant on Soundcloud

the picture on soundcloud is awesome ... is it done in some kind of fractal-picture-software?
    ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Always in search for a better life...you and me both! Really great work man. The subtle changes and details are really standing out for me here.

Nice one, keep it up!
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
        the picture on soundcloud is awesome ... is it done in some kind of fractal-picture-software?
        It's a free wallpaper (that can be found on lots of sites) so I have no idea (although it sure looks like it indeed is some fractal-software-generated image) but yeah, I also like it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
          Always in search for a better life...you and me both! Really great work man. The subtle changes and details are really standing out for me here.
          Nice one, keep it up!
          Yeah, I guess we al do, except for some Buddhists I guess :biggrin:
          Thanks for your feedback Chris.

Comment

I have a good life. Took me a little over 47 years to get where I am now. And I know what normal is to. But don't ask me how I know. I will keep that one for me All I know is what I have now-no price tag can be put on it. Someone could offer me the universe for this life I own. I would turn them down flat.

Am just listening to Boqurants track now as I type and again like so many times on here I am pleasantly excited in hearing the wonderful moments that float gentle and free within this lovely piece of music. There is just something about ambient music that gets me every time. And this particular piece is as charming and beautiful as the very moon itself. It helps me to pluck it from the very sky and settle it inside my heart. I feel all fuzzy and warm inside and I am grateful that music can do that for me.

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt arrangement of magic and wonder :tu:
            Last edited by meta4; 07-17-2015, 11:34 PM.
            life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Originally posted by richy tronik View Post
              Thank you for sharing this heartfelt arrangement of magic and wonder :tu:
              Good to read you've found your place and with regard to the sharing: you're welcome ofcourse. Thanks for the kind words.
              Funny BTW how one person finds the piece "haunting" and you describe it as "charming". On the other hand: maybe those qualities don't rule each other out...

Comment

Just a lovely piece (wish I could wax lyrical like Richy can )

I guess I'm drifting towards 'haunting', nice work whatever.
                Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

this is great i really like the textures in this track, if you don't mind me asking what equipment are you using?
                  Last edited by Emiba Devices; 07-18-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emiba Devices View Post
                    this is great i really like the textures in this track, if you don't mind me asking what equipment are you using?
                    Thanks. I don't mind ;-) although I have to say (I know it's a cliché) that it doesn't matter that much what you use.

- DAW: Cubase
                    - Most important plugins for this track (and most of my tracks): Valhalla Room and Valhalla Shimmer (used the latter quite subtle)
                    - I don't use synths very often although I did use FM8 for this track; the high pitched notes that start at about 1/4 in
                    - A few different sample libraries. There I've said it: I use samples ;-) I have to say I often use FX on them or e.g. play them in a very high or low register. BTW: I like to use "simple" samples. So no harmonically complex or evolving (cinematic or whatever) textures; those can sound great in itself but are very limiting.
                    - One of the libraries is of a female singer BTW. I used her in one or two previous pieces. I like to bury her quite deep in the mix but she's essential for the overall feel. Can't be beat by a synth :razz:

This is from the top of my head; I try to avoid listening to my tracks as soon as I finished them. It's only after a month or more that I return to them.

I think it all boils down to the right combination of the different textures with regard to the overall sound. You can start with a great texture but in itself it still isn't much. Layering is the keyword and in my music harmony, melody (although fragmental) and form are equally as important. Not that I'm very good at those but it's just my way of writing a piece of music.
                    Last edited by Boqurant; 07-19-2015, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boqurant View Post
                      - One of the libraries is of a female singer BTW.
                      I'm interested in using vocal sample libraries. Which one did you choose?
                      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
                        Originally posted by Boqurant View Post
                        - One of the libraries is of a female singer BTW.
                        I'm interested in using vocal sample libraries. Which one did you choose?
                        http://8dio.com/instrument/barbary/

Comment

personally i love it , takes me back to listening to "Tibetan Bells" by Henry Wolf, Nancy Hennings and Drew Gladstone with more beautiful electronics

Comment

Working...
                          X