A Philosophy of Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Philosophy of Walking

My new album - A Philosophy of Walking has recently been released.

This album was inspired by my love of long walks and also by a wonderful and delightful short book; " A Philosophy of Walking" written by Frédéric Gros and published by Verso. Translated into English by John Lowe. ISBN 978-178168-270-8

The book promotes a simple life, and a joy in every day things. Beautifully written, clear and precise. Highly recommended. I wish I could highly recommend my album as well, but I am afraid I can't do that. At least I can invite you to have a listen if you will. This album was featured in my podcast #3 and as a promo for the podcast I have a number of codes available for a fee down load of the album. I am happy to extend the promo codes to AOL members as well. If you would like a copy of the album please feel free to contact me.
    I am not a believer in artists giving away their work (either music or artwork) for a variety of reasons. There are occasions when it is appropriate but I don't like to see it done too often. There is a thread somewhere on AOL about this topic, but I haven't been able to find it.
    | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Congratulations on the release! Love the look and feel of this album / bandcamp design. Great back story too...all in all, a very polished experience.

Cheers,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Thank you, Chris! Appreciate your kind words and your support for ambient music at all levels. Have to love ambient online.

Comment

I haven't managed to listen to it all yet I'm afraid, but I have enjoyed what I've heard so far.
        I enjoy the passages of purposful quietness, almost silence, very nice.
        Awesome concept for an album as well.

James.
        Please feel free to check out my music - thank you
        https://olivary.bandcamp.com/music

Comment

Thank you very much James! It always surprises me when people take the time to listen and even more of a surprise when they like what they hear. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Really enjoying this.

I listen using some nice open-backed headphones. I also walked outside this evening and like the sounds of nature meshing with with your work. Great experience, thank you.

Comment

Totally enjoying the first track of your album Graham

Solitude says it all I think ;)

cheers

andy
              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                Really enjoying this.

I listen using some nice open-backed headphones. I also walked outside this evening and like the sounds of nature meshing with with your work. Great experience, thank you.
                Thank you very much! I am glad you liked it and really appreciate your kind words. I also appreciate you listening to it while walking outside in a natural environment. I resisted adding in nature sounds for this very reason.
                Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                  Totally enjoying the first track of your album Graham

Solitude says it all I think ;)

cheers

andy
                  Many thanks, Andy. I hope you get to listen to more of the album sometime

Comment

Working...
                  X