Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhythmic Ambient Style Guitar Looping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rhythmic Ambient Style Guitar Looping

    Hey guys, I just recently recorded this looping session. It moves a little quickly for a normal "ambient" piece but I think it has the elements of an ambient composition. Let me know what you think


  • #2
    Here is what I am doing with the looper:

    1. The rhythmic part was pre-recorded into Loop 3 of the looper pedal
    2. I recorded the first guitar part into Loop 2 of the looper pedal using the Stereo Wet reverb
    3. I stopped Loop 2 from playing and recorded swells in a reverse chord progression (B,C#m,A,C#m) into Loop 3 of the looper pedal
    4. I reversed Loop 3 so the swells will start playing in the desired chord progression order (C#m,A,C#m,B) and I start Loop 2 back
    5. I play over my loops using the Vick Audio Tree of Life OD, El Capistan, DD20, and Keeley Aurora Reverb
    6. I stop Loop 3 and then Fade Out Loop 1, Leaving only Loop 2 playing
    7. I apply an octave down effect to Loop 2 and then play some swelled notes over that

    Comment


    • #3
      a wonderful and enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing both your music and your process.

      Comment


      • #4
        echoecho is back! Stellar work as always. Looks like you were recording this through those mics. New album coming?

        Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice job! Great ambient/ post rock mix. Amazing that it was a live looping session.
          I make drones, delay, and soundscapes at Rumourtone Music
          https://www.soundcloud.com/runninginslowmotion
          https://www.soundcloud.com/rumoutone
          https://www.mixcloud.com/Rumourtone_Music/


          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Nathan,

            Kind of reminded me of the sort of stuff that Oceansize did from time to time. not as "ambient" as that, but very similar.

            Great video, and music, of course.

            cheers

            andy
            I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

            Latest release - DRONE available on Bandcamp


            Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

            Comment


            • #7
              nice work

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't care how you label it...I like it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                  a wonderful and enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing both your music and your process.
                  Glad you and enjoyed it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for sharing this. great and original work. lookimng forward to hearing more.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Smoothe :biggrin:
                      It's all an illusion.

                      https://soundcloud.com/skyhighdiamonds

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Beautiful!
                        Ambient Alchemy
                        Twitch
                        YouTube

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                          echoecho is back! Stellar work as always. Looks like you were recording this through those mics. New album coming?

                          Cheers,
                          -S1gns
                          Thank you! Yeah, I was recording through the SM57's. I really need to make time to record an album!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bvsmv View Post
                            Nice job! Great ambient/ post rock mix. Amazing that it was a live looping session.
                            Thanks for the great feedback! I try to do a live session whenever I can although it can be super challenging.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                              Hi Nathan,

                              Kind of reminded me of the sort of stuff that Oceansize did from time to time. not as "ambient" as that, but very similar.

                              Great video, and music, of course.

                              cheers

                              andy
                              Thanks for checking it out and for the great feedback!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X