[WIP] 海NET - 独居

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [WIP] 海NET - 独居

Hi guys. Here's something I've been working on for my 'side-project' 海NET. It was built around some impromptu streaming of a couple friends on Skype jamming on guitars, that I recorded into my DAW and used as a basis for something. I like the textures it yielded, but in general am unsure of its direction and mix, so feedback is very much welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/uminet/dokkyo/s-Eni5W

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Ben
    Last edited by striges; 09-07-2015, 09:04 PM.
    Chiptune/Downtempo/Ambient
    Vaporwave/Drone/Ambient

Hi Ben,

So, that was recorded over skype? Nice one...

All I would put on top of that is some dreamy guitar lead stuff with lots of delay and reverb

But it pretty much stands up on its own to be honest.
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

i like it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blackivan View Post
        i like it :-)
        Thanks a lot

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
        Hi Ben,

So, that was recorded over skype? Nice one...

All I would put on top of that is some dreamy guitar lead stuff with lots of delay and reverb

But it pretty much stands up on its own to be honest.
        Initially yeah, that's where a lot of the original sounds and textures come from. I will experiment with something more lead-y! Appreciate you listening, Andy
        Vaporwave/Drone/Ambient

Comment

I don't know if I agree about needing something like a lead for a focal point to be honest. For me, these kinds of pieces invite the listener to find their own bits to focus on. Would have made a decent addition to the soundtrack of Lost in Translation.

I would polish off some of the sharper edges, see if I could remove the clicks (mostly in the first half).

Comment

Thanks a lot for listening I agree about a lack of focus for sure, but I'm messing around with it at any rate, see what works. I may post an update at some point,
            Vaporwave/Drone/Ambient

Comment

Working...
            X