X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betadecay
    replied
    Thank you.

Yes, of course, lots of reverb is essential for ambient... But this track always sounded somehow dull to me, at least in the middle part... And it was remarkably quieter than the other tracks on the compilation. It turned out, that running the WAV through a compressor made it sound very much better. Both versions (bandcamp and soundcloud) were replaced with the compressed one.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    But isn't that what ambient is about- drowning stuff in reverb? Ha, ha, JK- in this case, I feel it works for the piece.. Great work!

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    Christmas time... time for the annual petroglyph X-Mas Compilation. I am a bit afraid, that I drowned the drums in reverb, but now it's too late...

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    Thank you and also thanks for the reposts!

Leave a comment:

• blackivan
    replied
    nice work :-)

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Most enjoyable Stefan

Have a great vacation

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    Because of my upcomping summer vacations, I decided to share my contribution to the AO Comp 8.2 before its official release date...

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    A new track - seems, that I leave the field of ambient music, at least with this one. It starts like one of my typical drone ambient pieces, but when the arpeggio becomes louder, it goes more into an industrial direction.

An experiment with the microKorg's arpeggiator - which sounds, due to some effects, more like a drum kit. The intro was made with a folktek Conduit fed through an Illuminsts Garden. Additional sounds by sunrizer.

Last edited by betadecay; 01-21-2017, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ablaut
    replied
    I like it a lot! And the Illuminist Garden is a great instrument. Well done on a beautiful composition!

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    The attempt to make more pleasant ambient music as I normally do... :biggrin: Nothing complicated, only 4 instuments, some interesting sounds, a chord progession... Hope you like it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    Just added a new track after a onger period of SC inactivity - using a sampled and processed crow.

Well, the track is not really new, I just hesitated to share it. But now, after a few little refinements in the last time, I found it perfect.

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    I added some granular experiments with a Bastl Instruments micro Granny:

First a simple demo (https://soundcloud.com/argyre-planit...-description):

The railway station sample is used here (https://soundcloud.com/argyre-planitia/0193a):

Last edited by betadecay; 01-10-2016, 03:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    Just uploaded a new work on soundcloud... Hope, you enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by betadecay View Post
    I have it on my iPad since more than one year. Recently I purchased the PC version, which is far more fun (easier to edit). And patches and banks can easyly be exchanged by itunes file share, both versions (iOS, Windows) are fully compatible - that's really nice. And you can import your own samples as wavetables. The only drawback: the PC version needs an USB e-Licenser, wich now blocks one of my USB ports :frown: I prefer Native Instruments way of licensing things, that is more user friendly.
    I was interested to hear that you can import your own samples, but a USB lock is a massive put-off for me...

Thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• betadecay
    replied
    I have it on my iPad since more than one year. Recently I purchased the PC version, which is far more fun (easier to edit). And patches and banks can easyly be exchanged by itunes file share, both versions (iOS, Windows) are fully compatible - that's really nice. And you can import your own samples as wavetables. The only drawback: the PC version needs an USB e-Licenser, wich now blocks one of my USB ports :frown: I prefer Native Instruments way of licensing things, that is more user friendly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X