New Track: Slow Ripples Fading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Track: Slow Ripples Fading

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted something here. I'll check things out here soon.
    I finally managed to create a new track in the last couple of days. I have no idea how it will sound to me in a few weeks time (I have yet to find some confidence again) but we'll see...

https://soundcloud.com/boqurant/slow-ripples-fading
    Last edited by Boqurant; 10-24-2015, 02:43 PM.
    Boqurant | Boqurant on Soundcloud

You have a great sense of air and space.

Wonderful piece, listened and downloaded for repeated listens. I will take it down to the dock at sunset on a still day and watch ripples.

Originally posted by Boqurant View Post
    I have no idea how it will sound to me in a few weeks time (I have yet to find some confidence again) but we'll see...
    Glad I am not the only one who has this problem. I end up sitting on things for a long time until I have forgotten them, or releasing them way too early and half-baked...but I don't figure it out until I listen to it again weeks later.

Comment

Glad you like it. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm also afraid some of my tracks are maybe half-baked, particularly since I post them earlier in the process then I used to do; that's because I also have the tendency to add too much. It's very, very tricky to find the sweet spot and let go and consider it finished. Maybe that's one of the reasons I like to play with the density throughout a piece like I did with this one The title is actually referring to the diminishing density after about 7-8 minutes. And then ofcourse there's my doubts about the length. Always a fight... I like lengthy tracks but not many have the attention span to sit through a 15 minute track especially with lots of repeating material.
      Boqurant | Boqurant on Soundcloud

Comment

When I start assembling tracks for an album, I'll burn a cd of the unmastered tracks (often unfinished in mixing as well) to listen to in the car while I drive to pick out problems, etc. If I start with 5 tracks adding up to an hour (just as an example) by the time I finish polishing the length can be halved.

Comment

Working...
        X