Quiet Horn (trombone) new album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Horn (trombone) new album

Here's another collection of my playing from the last couple months. For my last few albums, I was excited about the palette of sounds I could come up with using the effects chains I had, but I'm slowly starting to settle down and return to more "ambient" sounds. For my next album, I'm planning on a single 40-50 minute minimal piece in the vein of Oophoi (if I can find 40-50 minutes of uninterrupted time to play!), but for now here's the one I released today.

Last edited by quiethorn; 11-01-2015, 11:42 PM.

Hey - haven't heard from you since you posted your live gig link last month. I really enjoyed that.

This work is another example of wonderful layering and textures. The feel of your work is always like a wonderful and lazy Sunday afternoon.

I love the way this ties together to be the story of the last of our sun's life.
    Last edited by aoVI; 11-03-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

I was reading something about the death of our Sun and learned a couple things I didn't know that stuck with me... that Earth will become so hot the mountains will melt, and the Sun's expansion will warm the outer planets and their moons enough and for a long enough period of time that life could develop there. Crazy stuff, and I was looking for a concept for the album, so perfect timing!

Comment

Originally posted by quiethorn View Post
        the Sun's expansion will warm the outer planets and their moons enough and for a long enough period of time that life could develop there.
        And they called me crazy when I bought into that timeshare on Enceladus.

Comment

Working...
        X