Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Day's Jam

Warts & all...

I'm interested in feedback. There some very apparent resonant peaks in this recording. Post recording I tried to tame them using band EQ and some compression. How do you folks deal with this?

Setup:
    Today's Setup_020816.1.jpg
    Last edited by windspace; 02-08-2016, 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

the sabra cadabra and the afterneath get pedals its a real balancing act when your delay is high in repeats tends to self oscillate I'm not sure what delay you are using dial the feedback down a tad or lower the mix to let more of the dry signal come through not real sure on the post. i have always liked hearing the clicks of an fx coming on!

Comment

Normally I just use a mixer EQ, but if a piece contains just a few instances of one or two resonant frequencies, I use the modular view in eXT to route an instrument track via an extra EQ whose parameters I can automate (after testing) to operate at particular points in the track to tame specific events. Where this "time-variant" EQ is not required, I just turn it off, gracefully.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

also love the twin vox set up!!!! i play through a Vox AC30cc2 and stereo it with a Ampeg BA 115 so i get massive low end with the 15" i also jump channels on the AC30 to use both the normal and high gain channel.

very nice jam. sense joining i am trying to slow down my playing and use more clean modulated sound. of course can't always turn away from your roots!

Comment

Originally posted by magnesson View Post
          the sabra cadabra and the afterneath get pedals its a real balancing act when your delay is high in repeats tends to self oscillate I'm not sure what delay you are using dial the feedback down a tad or lower the mix to let more of the dry signal come through not real sure on the post. i have always liked hearing the clicks of an fx coming on!
          I have the settings on the Sabbra Caddabra toward the lower side; the Afterneath really loves to self oscillate!! Have to watch it, especially as I tend to want to turn the settings on it towards the higher side :O For delay I'm using a TC Flashback in Tape mode with the feedback turned up to about 70%. I will try backing off on that. I wanna get another delay to stack with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
            Normally I just use a mixer EQ, but if a piece contains just a few instances of one or two resonant frequencies, I use the modular view in eXT to route an instrument track via an extra EQ whose parameters I can automate (after testing) to operate at particular points in the track to tame specific events. Where this "time-variant" EQ is not required, I just turn it off, gracefully.
            I recently picked up the Melda MAuto Dynamic EQ on sale for half off. I'm not at all familiar with it yet, but I think it is designed to be able to respond to peaks at specified frequencies and could be used post recording or while recording to a DAW.
            I was attemtping to get this recorded w/o a DAW, but I did bring the recording into Reaper to add EQ & a little compression. I like your suggestion to use DAW automation to tame the frequency peaks and keep it turned off otherwise.

Comment

also love the twin vox set up!!!! i play through a Vox AC30cc2 and stereo it with a Ampeg BA 115 so i get massive low end with the 15" i also jump channels on the AC30 to use both the normal and high gain channel.

very nice jam. sense joining i am trying to slow down my playing and use more clean modulated sound. of course can't always turn away from your roots!
              Thanks!
              I was inspired to get the twin Vox Pathfinder 10's after reading about the setup used by Disturbed Earth (Dean Richards) for some of his recordings - I really enjoyed the way they sounded as well as the aesthetic of recording the stereo amps with a portable recorder. I wish i could play as well as him! Maybe in 20-30 years, huh?

If I had someplace to play louder I would love to get an AC30. All the demos I've heard for them were awesome. I'm not familiar with your Ampeg though. I keep having to try to slow down...

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
                I recently picked up the Melda MAuto Dynamic EQ
                I was going to suggest a dynamic eq, probably the tdr-nova (highly regarded, nearly won the kvr developers challenge etc).

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

Can't say I've used it extensively but think it's perfect for this kind of control, only processing certain freqs when they cross a threshold etc.
                Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I'll post a pic of my rig once I get away from the 9-5. I am using Adobe audition to mix from my Mac. After I transfer from my tascam I love stacking delays!!!!! Currently I'm using a death by audio dream echo 2 into a Roland re-20 space echo into strymon big sky into a vox delay lab. So I almost have too much going on.

Comment

Currently I'm using a death by audio dream echo 2 into a Roland re-20 space echo into strymon big sky into a vox delay lab. So I almost have too much going on.
                    I think you need to go talk to aoVI, he runs some cult devoted to delay worship or something. ;)
                    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                      Currently I'm using a death by audio dream echo 2 into a Roland re-20 space echo into strymon big sky into a vox delay lab. So I almost have too much going on.
                      I think you need to go talk to aoVI, he runs some cult devoted to delay worship or something. ;)

:biggrin:

Comment

That's funny I DL some bandcamp stuff that was tagged as " delay devotion"

Comment

Working...
                        X