Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking (ambient soundscape) + NEW ALBUM NEWS from Retnuh Recordings

Hey guys!

I have got a brand new track up on my SoundCloud, and I'd love to hear from the AO community what your thoughts are about it! The piece, entitled "Waking", is a rather melodic ambient soundscape.

"Waking" will be the opening track of my upcoming album "Some Place Else". (Stay tuned for info about that!). While "Waking" is a somewhat melodic piece, the album as a whole will be rather drone orientated. Some of the tracks on the album may be familiar to some of you... maybe.

I appreciate the support I have received from many AO members so much. Thanks guys :D

https://soundcloud.com/retnuhrecordings/waking
    Retnuh Recordings on Soundcloud | Bandcamp | YouTube | Blogspot | Last.fm
    Tim Hunter Music (soundtrack work) on Soundcloud | Bandcamp | YouTube | Blogspot

This is so absolutely freaking gorgeous!!! I have to start out by saying, I REALLY long to make music like this. It's uncharted territory for me so forgive me if I'm in awe of your skills. I love the way it melodically moves through some sort of space...unknown and unexpectedly providing the listener with a new adventure. I totally enjoyed it! If I had constructive criticism about it (which has nothing to do with the song itself) I'd say it was a bit too quiet to be enjoyed in some parts. I had to turn my speakers waaaay up to soak up all that sonic goodness.

Other than that, tops!!! You are super talented and it definitely shows here. Congrats on the new album!!! I will be first in line, guaranteed. :D

Keep us posted on a release date!!!!!!

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Very nice! Reminds me a little of the kinds of spaces that Michael Stearns creates. To me it has a very 'primal' vibe, as if I was wandering in deep primeval rain forest.
      My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

This is certainly a nice journey. Very calming and great texture - almost dreamy. Wish I could produce this sort of sound.

Comment

Thank you so much guys, really great to hear from you!

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
          This is so absolutely freaking gorgeous!!! I have to start out by saying, I REALLY long to make music like this. It's uncharted territory for me so forgive me if I'm in awe of your skills. I love the way it melodically moves through some sort of space...unknown and unexpectedly providing the listener with a new adventure. I totally enjoyed it!
          I'm touched, man! I have to say, the feeling is mutual - I'd love to make the sort of stuff you come out with! I was definitely pushing the boundaries of what I'm used to somewhat hear.

If I had constructive criticism about it (which has nothing to do with the song itself) I'd say it was a bit too quiet to be enjoyed in some parts. I had to turn my speakers waaaay up to soak up all that sonic goodness.
          Fair call, getting the right volume is something I never find easy.

Other than that, tops!!! You are super talented and it definitely shows here. Congrats on the new album!!! I will be first in line, guaranteed. :D
          Keep us posted on a release date!!!!!!
          -S1gns
          Thanks again, you're support is a great encouragement, S1gns! :highfive: Release date to come!!

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          Very nice! Reminds me a little of the kinds of spaces that Michael Stearns creates. To me it has a very 'primal' vibe, as if I was wandering in deep primeval rain forest.
          Wow, awesome! Stearns is great - I'll have to look into more of his stuff! Thanks Nemo, I'm glad you got that sort of vibe from it.

Originally posted by conscientiousobjector View Post
          This is certainly a nice journey. Very calming and great texture - almost dreamy. Wish I could produce this sort of sound.
          Cheers Steve, appreciate it, coming from your talented self!
          Tim Hunter Music (soundtrack work) on Soundcloud | Bandcamp | YouTube | Blogspot

Comment

Wonderful melding of texture and movement; I'm always a sucker for that "semi-muffled, smoky aural patina" kind of thing, something that makes the ears squint a bit to discern the provenance, as it were.. the airy rainy bits add lovely contrast.
            Also, "melodic" need not be a dirty word here at AO- I haven't heard too many folks railing about maintaining purity of minimalism etc. so far ;)
            "Critics can’t stand these records, by and large, because in their search for eternal adolescence, they still want it all to be spunky and manic and witty."
            -Brian Eno

Comment

This is a massively enjoyable piece!

Yes, it's quiet at times, perhaps a little too quiet, but other than that it's very listenable and very calming.

Melodic is definitely not a dirty word here.

Comment

I'm jealous... Beautiful textures, what a great listen. I closed my eyes to take in all the goodness.
                http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Well this is journey my friend, all the good things have already been said, the movement, and the (not insignificant) detail of the rain sound. Man, the rain always sounds good, doesn't it?
                  It really takes you to another world and to a forested landscape, very graphical.
                  Awesome!!!!
                  https://soundcloud.com/mariosprt74

Comment

Thank you so much everyone, you're awesome! Really appreciate the feedback, and I'm really encouraged by the positive response this track has received. I am working as we speak to finish up work on this album so I can share it with you all!

Comment

Nice movement and certainly very dreamy. This definitely conjures images of slowmo landscape scenes from SciFi movies, or maybe stop-frame sequences of plants opening and closing. Very restful but with a tense undercurrent.

Good work
                      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
                      X