S1gns Of L1fe - "Stratosphere"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1gns Of L1fe - "Stratosphere"

Well that didn't take me long, did it? Back again with another new one!!! This one is called "Stratosphere."

Over 2 weeks in the making, this track covers a ton of the latest techniques I have been exploring with my sound. I'm trying to use space between sounds as an element to composition...learning how to move within my soundscapes and craft pieces more fluent and cohesive in structure and focus. I hope some of that comes through on this track! :D

Production wise I learned a ton about mixing recently and really went at this one. Let me know how it sounds...from an overall perspective as far as balance and EQ is concerned.

Hope you guys enjoy it!!! Cheers and thanks again...for everything!

-S1gns

http://soundcloud.com/s1gnsofl1fe/stratosphere
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Yeah, this one has a very laid back attitude and a nice flow to it, while still maintaining that overall compositional structure and style. Sounds good! Though I'm only listening on my built in laptop speakers... :thumbsup:
    My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

He does it again! Another hit, S1gns.

I wanna be like S1gns! :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
        Yeah, this one has a very laid back attitude and a nice flow to it, while still maintaining that overall compositional structure and style. Sounds good! Though I'm only listening on my built in laptop speakers... :thumbsup:
        Only through built in laptop speakers huh? I'm going to have to mail you some monitors then!!! At least some headphones!!! :D

Very cool comments Nemo. Much appreciated as always!!!

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
        He does it again! Another hit, S1gns.

I wanna be like S1gns! :biggrin:
        LOL!!! :lol: :rotf:

For the last time, you sure about that? :p

Thanks Dax IX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock.
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
          Only through built in laptop speakers huh? I'm going to have to mail you some monitors then!!! At least some headphones!!! :D
          I won't say no.

Though obviously I have monitors. A and B monitors at the main workstation and many pairs of headphones. The laptop is in a different room than the music stuff. You know... it didn't even occur to me to throw on a small pair of headphones! Though the laptop speakers are also a good test. If it sounds good on the laptop then chances are it will sound even better on the real speakers!
          My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

Flawless! The attention to detail on this track is brilliant.
            Love the warm and fuzzy pads. Expert production.
            I can feel the atoms rush past at the speed of light!!!
            You're running hot Chris!
            https://soundcloud.com/mariosprt74

Comment

I just listened to this again. One month later, and I think I enjoyed it more this time around. More space in the mix than the tracks on "Ancients". The extra space "opened up" the sound of this track. All of the little pieces that would have previously been in the background now come to the fore. Very revealing. Very satisfying.

Good work
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                I just listened to this again. One month later, and I think I enjoyed it more this time around. More space in the mix than the tracks on "Ancients". The extra space "opened up" the sound of this track. All of the little pieces that would have previously been in the background now come to the fore. Very revealing. Very satisfying.

Good work
                Big announcement coming Monday morning (Monday afternoon, your time) which you don't want to miss...stay tuned!!! :rockon:

Remember, you heard it right here, FIRST!!! :D

Cheers and thanks for the second listen!!!

-S1gns
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                X