No announcement yet.

Ambient Steel Guitar from a new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient Steel Guitar from a new member.

After being engaged in other fields of music for more years than I care to remember, my thoughts and compositions
    now turn to Ambient Music. A member in the introductions page asked where I'm going, does it sound like this one or that
    one known to the community, to be truthful I don't really know, I don't follow or copy anyone, so I hope members like what they
    hear and tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.

JK.

Yes, I think you're heading the right direction! :listening: That is very lovely!

Comment

Very relaxing and wonderful textures.

My only critique would be that there were a few edits during the piece that might have been smoother, which were cutting the tails off the reverb. Otherwise it was a golden piece.

Comment

I do like what I hear!
        We're in Daniel Lanois territory and that's certainly not a bad place to be
        https://soundcloud.com/westernskiesmotel
        https://westernskiesmotel.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Yep, like it too.

I did notice the edits aoVI mentioned but everything else was just lovely.
          Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by regonsch View Post
            I do like what I hear!
            yes, the H3000-ish pitched reverb reminded me of moments on Eno's Apollo (which would have been Lanois, most likely) or bits of Lanois' Belladonna album.

I love guitar (of any style) ambient.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
              Originally posted by regonsch View Post
              I do like what I hear!
              yes, the H3000-ish pitched reverb reminded me of moments on Eno's Apollo (which would have been Lanois, most likely) or bits of Lanois' Belladonna album.

I love guitar (of any style) ambient.
              Thank you all for coming to listen, its good to know I'm heading in the right direction.
              I will be more careful with edits in future.

JK.

Comment

Working...
              X