S1gns Of L1fe - "Illumination"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1gns Of L1fe - "Illumination"

Here we go...brand new track I call "Illumination" from my upcoming album on Arecibo Records!!!

File this one under the slow cooked chapter...this one came to life days before I actually finished it and I actually spent like 5 days away from it to realize how it could be done. I almost never do that...leave a track alone and let my mind work itself around it, but this time it worked!!! I hope you guys enjoy it.

:tu: :D Turn your speakers UP!!! :D :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/s1gnsofl1fe/illumination

Thanks again as always for all of your encouraging words and support. This is the best online community I've ever been a part of...and it just keeps getting better!

Cheers and enjoy my friends!!!

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

I don't know... some tracks need to be stepped away from, imo. They just need their own time to grow into being. Sometimes I walk away from something and just let it keep playing on infinite repeat while doing something completely different... perhaps not even musical and not even in the same room, etc. Then I can hear it "from the outside" and things stand out. Sometimes I need to put it completely aside for a while. For a few days or maybe even longer. Then I come back to it with fresh energy. Sometimes I'm away from the studio and I work things out in my head as well as notating it down on paper for later. Other times it all comes together as if ready made, like dictation, and it's all I can do to keep up with the cosmic flow - or whatever you want to call it. Each one seems to be a different journey. Maybe I'm just :nuts:

Anyway, whatever works for you is so obviously working. I feel illuminated! :thumbsup:
    My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

exuding a sharp intelligence and...a feel of quality. these beats are pretty massive, which makes for a very dynamic listening experience.
      www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Man! Congrats! This sounds really good! Thumbs up!
        https://soundcloud.com/trinxat

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          I don't know... some tracks need to be stepped away from, imo. They just need their own time to grow into being. Sometimes I walk away from something and just let it keep playing on infinite repeat while doing something completely different... perhaps not even musical and not even in the same room, etc. Then I can hear it "from the outside" and things stand out. Sometimes I need to put it completely aside for a while. For a few days or maybe even longer. Then I come back to it with fresh energy. Sometimes I'm away from the studio and I work things out in my head as well as notating it down on paper for later. Other times it all comes together as if ready made, like dictation, and it's all I can do to keep up with the cosmic flow - or whatever you want to call it. Each one seems to be a different journey. Maybe I'm just :nuts:

Anyway, whatever works for you is so obviously working. I feel illuminated! :thumbsup:
          I hear you on that!!! I use that "move into another room" trick all the time...I think I read it somewhere in an article on mixing that if it sounds good across the house then you mixed it right. I've been using it ever since. I love the dictation pieces...those are such treasures. It most likely has to do with the cosmos...stars being aligned in your favor, right time and right tools...or it's just the universes way of saying hello to itself through you.

Either way, glad it gave you that illuminated feel! Thank you again for your insightful comments and support.

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
          exuding a sharp intelligence and...a feel of quality. these beats are pretty massive, which makes for a very dynamic listening experience.
          Wow, thank you phoenstorm!!! Tried to go for that "massive" beat sound...even had my kick booming harder at one point and during my final mixdown decided to scale it down a bit. Really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for listening and commenting!!!

Cheers you two!

-S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Trinxat View Post
            Man! Congrats! This sounds really good! Thumbs up!
            Thank you Trinxat!!! Really happy you enjoyed it. Thumbs up to you too!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers!
            Synphaera Records
            Space | Time | Matter

Comment

WOW! Awesome production, and quality of the sounds is excellent!
              The beats make this track more "normal" than others, not at all a bad thing. All the other synths are present to make up for a pure gold track.
              Lovely to see new stuff coming out, man :D

Edit:
              My method is that I "always" let the tracks rest for a while (weeks) berfore returning to them, lately I'm trying not to do that, and work faster for a change.
              But there is no right method, we just have to keep trying to make the "perfect" track.

I got to try that secret "listen in another room" mixing technique :P
              Last edited by mariosprt; 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM.
              https://soundcloud.com/mariosprt74

Comment

I just decided to play this again after it popped up on my r4d4r. It's got a very "upfront" set of percussive sounds that seem to fit well with the vibe of the piece

Great track :thumbsup:
                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                  I just decided to play this again after it popped up on my r4d4r. It's got a very "upfront" set of percussive sounds that seem to fit well with the vibe of the piece

Great track :thumbsup:
                  Thank you so much. One of my goals when making music is to create tracks with longevity. Really happy to hear that this song achieved this on some level.
                  Synphaera Records
                  Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                  X