Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSV Not Invented Here

Hi Peeps,

I'm not sure what to call this, genre wise. I've labelled it as "ambient noise" as it has hardly any melodic components at all. I just wanted to experiment with Absynth and Adaptiverb.

When I first bought Absynth 3 I remember thinking, "blimey, some of these presets are unusable." But since trying to develop my "dark ambient" skills I find I am turning to them more and more. And throwing Adaptiverb into the mix is enormous fun.

So, here it is:-

I hope you find it to your liking

cheers

andy
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

That sounds like a very usable sound source to me. It's just a matter of finding the right context or setting for it. This was an interesting listen with a lot of depth and variation. Good job

Funny things, presets. I think they are a great source of inspiration. Even a "bad" or uninspiring preset can be made to sound interesting by placing it in the right context. Arrpeggiated synth patches are a good case. If you just hold a key down, you can hear what the designer was trying to achieve by listening to the pattern repeating, but these patterns can often be made a lot more interesting by using very brief sections of the entire sequence and then re-combining them. I've used this technique on a few tracks now, and it seems to work quite well. The sequencer patterns on "Refraktor" were all made this way, and "Axis Part 2" also features a simplified version of this technigue.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Hiya Tim,

Thanks for listening...

Yeah, I know what you mean re presets, and I often use factory presets and just tweak them a little, or use automation to change the sound a touch. I've also done what you have said a lot too, by using very brief sections of an arp patch.

Adaptiverb has opened up a new world of possibilities too... A lot of the drones I have been creating are usually sequences that Adaptiverb then "flattens" out... Quite interesting. And it's also interesting how the more bizarre Absynth presets work through Adaptiverb... It's a pricey bit of software but I think it has been worth it for me

cheers

andy
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Working...
      X