SomeMadExperiment003 (Reaktor Drone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SomeMadExperiment003 (Reaktor Drone)

Not really a finished piece, but I wanted it to be listened to by a wider audience so I've posted it here.

Basically, I'm enjoying throwing a few ideas around in Reaktor. There is no way I will ever design a fully fledged instrument but I'm having fun trying different things out, mainly noise related.

This piece is a bit more listenable in that it is a melodic drone rather than noise.

My Reaktor creation consists of two Monark oscs, the West Coast DWG osc and a single Multiwave osc.

I then added four Monark filters, but I've added them in what I think may be an unorthodox way. I think I need to create some screenshots, when I get time, to explain.

There's a bit more to it than that but I'm in a bit of a rush.

So, this piece starts off totally dry and is just Reaktor... No effects at all.

After two minutes I start to increase the send levels to various busses that contain reverb, delay, Adaptiverb and two Tantra.

As usual, there is much automation throughout in an attempt to make a drone more "interesting," relatively speaking...

cheers

andy
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Well done!

I noticed in your other post that you are using your DAW for automation. There are some very useful LFO and other modulators available as Blocks. If you include them in the ensmble, then you can tweak the modulations from within your Reaktor ensemble.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/9073/

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...try/show/9371/

This is a big down load - all of Brett Lavalle's Blocks. (This include the two above.)

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...ry/show/10403/

This is another big download - all of M Hetricks's Blocks "Euro Reakt 3.1

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...try/show/9093/

Here's another collection - this one of Sandy Small's Blocks. This contains "Orrery: A modulation processor inspired by Arturia's 'galaxy' modulator which maps a pair of inputs to coordinates of a plane, which can be rotated." Kind of neat modulator.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...try/show/9149/

All of the large downloads contain multiple modulators that can be incorporated into your drone ensemble for modulation madness! :eek: :maniac:
    (As well as a plethora of other amazing modules...)

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
      Well done!
      Haha! Thanks Bruce... It's so much fun trying stuff out like this :D

Yeah, to be honest, I don't mind using automation. Can be a little long winded but I prefer to have more control over things sometimes, and automation sometimes scores over modulation because you can make it appear a bit more irregular, if you know what I mean.

That said, I've still lots to learn about modulation inside Reaktor because, and I'm just guessing here, that it's not all nice and simple LFO stuff we're talking about here, as you allude to above. I believe you can use envelope generators too. So I've really got to delve deeper into all that.

Thanks much for all the links... My inventory of stuff is growing and growing :D

cheers

andy

Comment

Just had a Face Palm moment here... :cantlook:

Went in for another play with this and I noticed that I had Guitar Rig in the FX bin... Big mistake on my part... I remember putting it in there but I thought that for the first pass of this experiment I had bypassed it. So the first two minutes is not totally dry after all.

The Guitar Rig preset used was Granular Sparkle, so, yeah, that would make a difference.

Ah well.. No point in re-uploading without Guitar Rig... Or is there?

I must admit, I feel a bit of a numpty now :frown:

Comment

You might enjoy disassembling this Reaktor instrument Dron-E by Antonio Blanca http://www.antonioblanca.com/dron-e

Comment

Hi Warren,

Yes, I downloaded Dron-E last week and had a bit of a play with it. I am like a rabbit caught in the head lights at the moment with all the different things in Reaktor. But I will certainly be going back to Dron-E soon as I want to use my own samples in it.

When you say disassemble, do you mean have a go at altering it? I am not sure I would get very far at the moment because I only entered Reaktor at V6 so haven't gone beyond Blocks yet. I think I would need to check out some tutorials first

Cheers

andy

Comment

Reaktor ensembles can be edited, altered, you could even add your own blocks. However that's probably something to be done at a later stage.

for now, if you have the full version of Reaktor, you can edit the sample map and import your own samples to Dron-E. Then you can have an instrument that is more unique. Let me know if you need help editing the sample map.

Comment

Thanks again Warren

I think I may be okay with the sample map. One thing I realised with Reaktor ensembles is that you can simply copy them and then change the copies however you like. Plus, when using your DAW you store a copy of the ensemble with your project, which I think is pretty cool.

So I currently have a copy which has all of the supplied samples stripped out, ready for my own samples.

If I get stuck I will give you a shout

Thanks again,

andy

Comment

great! it's very cool, I love Reaktor.

I create long pads with a synth and record them. When I have 32 samples recorded I add them into Dron-E. I then create 32 more samples using Dron-E, then I edit those and import them to Dron-E as the next 32 samples on the sample map (if that makes sense). Other experimentations are also possible.
                  Good luck. Looking forward to hearing your creations.

~Warren

Comment

Good idea sampling pads and I will do the same, as well as using some mad noise type sounds. Can't wait to see what I can come up with :D

Comment

Working...
                    X