Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Daly 'Spiralling Continuum' Video & 4 track EP - Ambient Space

https://weareallghosts.bandcamp.com/...um-waag-rel092

I wish to evoke a sense of space travel, transcendental meditation, and spatial imagery.

I was heavily influenced by these fine releases.
    - William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops
    - Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
    - Ebauche - Adrift
    - Pink Floyd - BBC Archives 1974 (Dark Side of The Moon live SBD)

Thanks for listening and all your support.
    Warren

That's a nice collection you have there Warren
    Latest release - DRONE available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
      That's a nice collection you have there Warren
      Thank you. I'm always learning. Interesting to find so many other tools here (VSTs (Tantra etc..), various EQs I've never heard of)
      I use the following instruments / techniques / FX on Spiralling Continuum

Synths:
      U-He Zebra2
      U-He ACE

Zoom H4N for 'found sounds'

FX/Sends
      U-He Satin
      U-He Uhbik-A

Mix Bus / Mastering
      DYN4000 Compressor from OverToneDSP.co.uk
      Focusrite LiquidMix Firewire External - running the API-2500 emulation

Did I mention I love U-He? heh.

Comment

Haha! Thanks for the info Warren, I wish more peeps here would post about how they create their pieces.

I've got a couple of u-he synths. My favourite being Hive. I have two of their free ones which I use from time to time, Zebralette and Podolski.

If I'm after a beat I will often reach for Tantra now, instead of using a drum synth.

My most recent purchase was yesterday... MMultiBandGranular :D

Comment

The wee Zebralette is very nice.Oh wow, I didn't even know about Podolski. Will definitely check that out (I don't have enough money to buy the filterscape just yet)

Have you tried the Tyrell N6 from U-he (it's Free) https://www.amazona.de/amazona-de-fr...-tyrell-n6-v3/
          As impressive at the ACE & Zebra 2, can get some seriously impressive bass and pads that morph just like the Zebra2.
          When I need drums I use Battery 3 but I'm most impressed by Polyplex and use that most of the time.. https://www.native-instruments.com/e...rums/polyplex/

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on Tyrell. I'll have a look at that.

I'm a Battery 3 owner too, but I also have BFD Eco. On my track M81 I wanted a greater assortment of cymbal sounds so I used both Battery and BFD Eco.

But, more often than not nowadays, if I want "drums" to feature on one of my tunes I will turn to Drumaxx. Battery does have a selection of electronic drum kits, but I much prefer the physical modelling sounds provided by Drumaxx. And no more faffing around with samples

Comment

Thank you for the tip. I will check out Drumaxx. It's great fun to use a synth to create drum shots.
              If I do use samples, I generally force them to 'sends only' and rinse them out using Reaktor ensembles such as Boscomac Dub delay, resonators found on the community library.
              Chat soon.
              Warren

Comment

Working...
              X