MiA by Realm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiA by Realm

MiA: A collection of short original ambient and atmospheric pieces.

MiA is a collection of sonic sojourns into a variety of electronic atmospheres including brooding dark ambient, the thoughtful and sombre, and with a scattering of uplifting and rhythmic moods to lighten the tone. Whilst each part embraces us for only a short time, as a whole, MiA encourages the listener to explore the emotional extremes of his or her imagination with each brief phase of the journey which, when combined, paint a rich and diverse canvas.

The tracks are simply numbered so as not to suggest any kind of meaning. This allows the listener to freely conjure whatever imaginings they desire without any preconception as to the meaning of the piece.

Released September 2016

I notice some of you have found this already (and thanks for listening BTW) - but thought I'd make an official post here too. I hope you enjoy my work.

This is also available as a free download from Bandcamp …

Last edited by Realm; 10-29-2016, 06:11 AM.
    .oO REALM Oo.
    Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Soundcloud

Hi Gavin,

I only managed to listen to the first three tracks yesterday. Today I am spending some time working through the ambient online compilation #7 but as soon as I fancy a change I will listed to the whole series of MiA, as it should be :D

Oh, by the way, I liked how you uploaded the last track first, and then followed on from there. It means that if someone doesn't spot the playlist they can play the pieces in order from your tracks page

cheers

andy
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Hey, thanks Andy.

The AO Compilation is something I would love to be able to contribute to one day ... here's hoping.

Cheers,
      Gavin
      .oO REALM Oo.

Comment

Hiya Gavin,

I've put some time aside for MiA and I'm up to Four as I type.

I have to say that there is something rather appealing about having a number of shorter pieces put together like this, each with their own style, pretty much as you tell it in your description above. I must admit that I have recently been creating tracks upwards of seven minutes long. Hearing this is making me think I should try something the same. So, yeah, I guess you could call your MiA album an inspiration ;)

Cheers, and thanks,

andy

(Five has arrived)

Comment

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for taking the time to listen to the fruits of my labours ... it's pleasing to know you are enjoying it and I'm deeply humbled that you would go as far as to describe it inspirational.

I think the idea in creating shorter pieces was that, from a compositional point of view, you have to get to the point of the piece rather quickly as the two minutes (in the case of the MiA tracks) elapses all too soon ... but with all twelve tracks combined, they take the listener on a journey. Others have commented that they would like to hear some of the tracks as longer versions and this may well be something I revisit in the future.
          .oO REALM Oo.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean by getting to the point... I can take three minutes or more just building up to something. You pulled off getting to the point without making it sound rushed.

I finally managed to listen to all twelve tracks, data small distraction, plus the combined version.

Cheers

andy

Comment

Working...
            X