Quiethorn (ambient trombone) New Release - almost 4 hours of music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiethorn (ambient trombone) New Release - almost 4 hours of music

I just put up my 15th album of (mostly) ambient trombone music. This one runs 3hrs 43mins, so you could theoretically put it on, take a very long nap, and wake up with it still playing.

More notes about it at the site:
    https://quiethorn.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-that-ring

You can't ask for more than this; great sound design, slow evolving textures, and a bit of electronic noise seasoning the mix.

You always seem to deliver on wonderfully introspective ambient.

Comment

This is superb so far. I might get too relaxed for this early in the morning.

Comment

Listened fully to it, it was nicely accompaning my day, remind me of Tom Heasley somehow.
        Soundcloud |Now at hearthis.at for lenghtier samples| Bandcamp

Comment

This is amazing stuff. I absolutely love the way it has the warmth, delicacy and intimacy of acoustic sounds, yet the structure is ambient. I remember hearing so many classical pieces that I wish were just more slow, more subdued, really letting me fall into every tone. This does that. I am telling my friends.

Comment

Yes, I encourage one to check out the other releases on his bandcamp, really solid work.

Comment

I was away for a while and just got back to the forum. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

My next goal is to do something very different: come up with a way to play ambient music (or at least music to put you to sleep) with minimal or no effects... in particular no long reverb and no looping/long delays. It's something I've always wanted to try, it just takes a whole different mindset to focus on space and repetition for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

This is great.

Comment

Working...
                X