Gear 300x100
Music Software Bundles from Pluginboutique.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Endless Now - Music for Stagnation (an album created entirely with bass guitar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Endless Now - Music for Stagnation (an album created entirely with bass guitar)

Hello!

Couple of weeks ago I released an album, which is created entirely with bass guitar. Every sound that you hear is from my bass and it is mostly played live, although I had to compromise in some degree to maintain the sound quality. I hope you enjoy it!

Bandcamp:

https://juhamattirautiainen.bandcamp.com/releases

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6phILOr8ueo2JJuJAjXyzb

J-M

That's really lovely, the kind of ambient that stops you in your tracks, almost impossible to just let fade into the background.

I'd be interested in your methods, would never guess a bass was the primary source for these sounds.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thank you for your comments!

At the beginning I wanted to make a pedal set up that would allow me to actually play my instrument as freely as possible. I did set up a quite elaborate pedal chain and put a lot of effort to conceive it properly. I had to overcome some obvious restrictions of my instrument, such as low and limited register. I also used reverb and delay after the loopers to make it sound more organic. After I got three separate stereo channels out of my set up, I could start improvising and trying out different pre-written musical ideas. A lot of them had to be discarded, because of the restrictions I had, but on the other hand the effects and the process itself guided my progress and the ending results were something that I couldn't completely imagine at the beginning. I was happy to be able to play my music live, because that was something I had always been doing. I've always been very reluctant sitting in front of the computer instead of actually playing...

Comment

Working...
      X