Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D animation for my ambient tune

Hi fellow members.

I just finished my 3D animation for one of my ambient tunes. Lot's of hard work, so I do hope you can enjoy

https://youtu.be/CvfUxoRGAek

Hi Lucien,

A very, very cool listening and watching experience.

When you say "Lots of hard work," I assume you are talking about setting up your 3D world and animating it.

I have limited 3DS Max experience, and haven't used it for for many years. But I remember that creating my 3D world was only the beginning...

If you would like to share your animation ideas, tips and tricks, we have a thread going on in the Ambient Theory and Methods forum here.

cheers

andy
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Thank You very much for listening and critics Andy!

Yes, I meant by hard work, the creation (and learning, as I only discovered 7 months ago this free Blender 3D modelling software) of this animation. It was fun, but it was a steep learning curve and some long...., long... rendering times on your hardware....lol.

I'll be glad to share my experiences with the community in this forum. I'll check the thread out, thanks again Andy.

Lucien

Comment

Excellent work. Cool animation and really enjoyed the track.
        Bandcamp / Soundcloud / Website

Comment

Thank you so much :-)

Originally posted by YnotB View Post
          Excellent work. Cool animation and really enjoyed the track.

Comment

Amazing animation! Really enjoyed listening and watching Thank you for sharing with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
              Amazing animation! Really enjoyed listening and watching Thank you for sharing with us!
              Thank you for listening Windspace!!

Comment

interesting, looks like a lot of work. animation is always a pain :D I like the concept of the seemingly dancing insects
                did you use the game engine in blender? sometimes the video is a bit laggy, but fitting nicely to the music. how long did it render?
                I love blender, use it for a couple of year professionally, but mostly for software instruments. but imho it has a pretty cool learning curve compared to other, very expensive programs. keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic-f View Post
                  interesting, looks like a lot of work. animation is always a pain :D I like the concept of the seemingly dancing insects
                  did you use the game engine in blender? sometimes the video is a bit laggy, but fitting nicely to the music. how long did it render?
                  I love blender, use it for a couple of year professionally, but mostly for software instruments. but imho it has a pretty cool learning curve compared to other, very expensive programs. keep it up!
                  Thank you for the critics Cosmic! Yes it was a lot of work and the learning curve was steep, but on the other side, there is lot's of tutorials online to help you and to get you through it.
                  Render time was very long!! The scene were the butterfly pops out, was 10 days, night and day, spreaded out over two computers (My new DAW and an older, less powerfull one) I didn't use the game engine, only cycles. Like you all, I'm a musician and prefer to make just music, but nowadays people like to listen with their eyes, so low budget indi artist, like me have to find a way ;-) Love Blender!

Comment

oh man, thats a long time! but you are right, its good to have something to see, especially when its fitting the sound so well. keep up the good work.
                    if you want to save time, I can recommend the renderfarm renderstreet, its made for blender and a free account comes with a 25$ voucher, for which you can already render quite some images! looking forward for more videos!

Comment

+1

Enjoyed it very much.
                      Latest Album (Sept. 2020): Tenth Region Of The Night
                      Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Youtube - Essentia Mundi - Winter-Light

Comment

Merci BetaDecay :-)

Comment

Great job!

Really good tune and the video is really well done. Great job! :tu:
                          Soundcloud | YouTube | Bandcamp

Comment

Originally posted by TDP View Post
                            Really good tune and the video is really well done. Great job! :tu:
                            Thank so much!

Comment

Working...
                            X