Big Alabama Noise Compilation released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Alabama Noise Compilation released

Sorry to post again so soon after my last release.

I am participating in the "One Nation Under Noise" project which is a state-by-state compilation series of noise artists. Tracks had to be no longer than 2 minutes which presented an interesting challenge as I am usually used to much more time in composing. It's inspired me to be more economical in composing recently (despite my recent 50 minute track's evidence to the contrary :biggrin.

Alabama's collection turned out to be a bit short at only 5 tracks, but probably not too surprising considering Alabama isn't exactly a hotbed of the noise scene. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed meeting the artist who organized the Alabama segment.

Apologies to noise purists as my contribution is probably stretching the definition of the genre.

Beautiful track
    Bandcamp / Soundcloud / Website

Comment

Originally posted by YnotB View Post
      Beautiful track
      Something I couldn't say for the other contributions to the collection :canthearyou: but I guess it's all subjective....

Comment

Yeah, my track is pretty different than not only those on the Alabama issue, but ones from other states as well. I really didn't produce a true noise track, but I was contacted to participate and discussed with the organizer the sort of 'noise' I usually put out. He was fine with it, so...

I do kind of wish I'd have gone more along the lines of the intent of the project though, not that I am unhappy with the track.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post

I do kind of wish I'd have gone more along the lines of the intent of the project though, not that I am unhappy with the track.
          Yeah, think I know what you mean. It's always interesting to push yourself into new areas. I've been doing the one sample dare here the last few times. I've never worked with samples before and to try to make an interesting track just from one sample is quite a challenge for me - It's still far from easy, but I do it to get better.

Comment

Working...
          X