Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S1gns Of L1fe - NEW ALBUM REVEALED!!! "Branches in the Sky" Coming 4.3.2013!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S1gns Of L1fe - NEW ALBUM REVEALED!!! "Branches in the Sky" Coming 4.3.2013!!

    In the days following the release of "Language of the Ancients" I started working on another set of tracks. Today I am announcing my next release. Introducing the next entry in the S1gns Of L1fe catalog: "Branches in the Sky."




    Continuing on exactly where "Language" left off, Branches in the Sky is a captivating 5 song EP (40 minutes) full of hypnotic melodies and pumping rhythmic soundscapes. Branches in the Sky is the perfect companion piece to Language of the Ancients. Each song is a journey into worlds that only S1gns Of L1fe can create bringing you his signature sound that earned the accolades and respect of hundreds of new fans around the globe.

    Branches in the Sky also marks S1gns Of Life's debut on Arecibo Records, a brand new ambient label from Spain. Joining other artists such as Massergy, Inner Reality, Spidergod and Rildrim, Arecibo Records is poised to be the next big force in modern ambient music today.

    Available as a digital download only, Branches in the Sky from S1gns Of L1fe will be released worldwide on April 3rd, 2013.

    http://areciborecords.bandcamp.com

    Track Listing:

    Biocentric (7:55)
    Branches in the Sky (8:02)
    Stratosphere (7:43)
    Equilibrium (7:40)
    Illumination (7:06)

    The track "Branches in the Sky" will be released exclusively on SoundCloud and Ambient Online next Wednesday March 26th, 2013.

    Cheers!!!!

    -S1gns
    Last edited by S1gnsOfL1fe; 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM.
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

  • #2
    Congratulations S1gns! :thumbsup:

    Comment


    • #3
      Can't wait. I'll get in the cue for this release. Good luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        I will buy!

        Too bad it won't be a physical cd...
        http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

        https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by manducator View Post
          I will buy!

          Too bad it won't be a physical cd...
          Thanks Manducator!!! We still don't have a short run duplicator locked down for the label for editions of 300 and under. Plus we're running on little to no budget...but hey, at least it's out there!!! :D
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

          Comment


          • #6
            There's always DiscMakers. ;)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
              There's always DiscMakers. ;)
              HAHAHA!!! Yeah well, we considered that but anything under 500 copies is burned on CD-R's and not burned from a gold master...which some purists of the CD world highly despise. :razz:
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

              Comment


              • #8
                How much would it cost to burn 300 pieces from a gold master?
                http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

                https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by manducator View Post
                  How much would it cost to burn 300 pieces from a gold master?
                  I'm pretty sure Discmakers doesn't do that. If you find any other duplicators we can use, let me know!!!
                  Synphaera Records
                  Space | Time | Matter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The minimum order for Replication (pressing rather than burning) is 300 CDs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                      I'm pretty sure Discmakers doesn't do that. If you find any other duplicators we can use, let me know!!!
                      I don't know anything about this stuff but you have had a pressing of your first cd.
                      http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

                      https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm at the Diskmakers site right now! It looks as if they've updated their minimums. So, the minimum for a glass master replicated cd is indeed now down to only 300. A product similar to Language of the Ancients (on disk printing and jacket only) would still run you $849.70 though. That is probably NOT the most economical amount as 500 would cost $985.70 and 1000 would cost $1158.20 ($999 + shipping)

                        If doing only a handful the most economical option is going with CD-r. But as was mentioned... purists don't like this option. In my experience it will not be taken seriously by radio stations (they won't even listen to it), some reviewers will not review it, and a lot of retailers won't want to carry it.

                        I can understand this to a point. Sam Rosenthal from Projeckt, for example, said that when he tried cdr's he had a lot of people coming back with playabiility issues. So he will absolutely NOT take them. Maybe things have gotten better nowadays and I imagine that a company like Diskmakers would not have any issues with their product. Still, it's very difficult to change people's minds once they've had a bad experience.

                        Maybe you should try one of those funding campaigns or something.

                        In my notes somewhere at home I have a list of reliable and recommended cd manufacturers. I'll see if I can dig that up when I get home tonight if you like.
                        My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                          I'm at the Diskmakers site right now! It looks as if they've updated their minimums. So, the minimum for a glass master replicated cd is indeed now down to only 300. A product similar to Language of the Ancients (on disk printing and jacket only) would still run you $849.70 though. That is probably NOT the most economical amount as 500 would cost $985.70 and 1000 would cost $1158.20 ($999 + shipping)

                          If doing only a handful the most economical option is going with CD-r. But as was mentioned... purists don't like this option. In my experience it will not be taken seriously by radio stations (they won't even listen to it), some reviewers will not review it, and a lot of retailers won't want to carry it.

                          I can understand this to a point. Sam Rosenthal from Projeckt, for example, said that when he tried cdr's he had a lot of people coming back with playabiility issues. So he will absolutely NOT take them. Maybe things have gotten better nowadays and I imagine that a company like Diskmakers would not have any issues with their product. Still, it's very difficult to change people's minds once they've had a bad experience.

                          Maybe you should try one of those funding campaigns or something.

                          In my notes somewhere at home I have a list of reliable and recommended cd manufacturers. I'll see if I can dig that up when I get home tonight if you like.
                          Thanks Nemo!!!

                          Interesting post! This is the reason I went for 1000 on language because the difference between 300 and 1000 is so minimal that if you're spending that much anyway you should just get 1000 anyway for future use. That's discmakers sweet spot and they've planned it that way...but hey, they're a business, I get it. If they only did 300 glass masters for half that price everyone would buy it...seriously and we'd have a bunch more physical releases out there.

                          But hey, dig up those notes when you get home! Would be much appreciated.

                          Funny how my new release announcement turned into a discussion on CD replication. So what do you guys think of the artwork? Are you excited for Branches in the Sky or what?!?!?! :biggrin:

                          Cheers!
                          Synphaera Records
                          Space | Time | Matter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Of course, you could also ditch their packaging altogether and just order the disks in bulk. That would only run you $399 plus shipping.

                            Then you could come up with some handmade "collectible" type packaging. Like Steve Roach has sometimes done with the boxes that he creates himself. Then "handmade", "collectible", and each box is slightly different become selling points. You could get some special paper from your local specialty paper art supply store to create your own paper sleeves and you could also do something like print patterns on the packaging using for example, the linoleum block process.

                            Robert Rich's Zerkalo was a cd and some printed notecards placed in a plastic sleeve... not even an official cd sleeve or anything. The sleeve was roughly as wide as a cd but a little longer. The longer extra portion was folded down and taped with a piece of cellophane tape to keep it closed.

                            Lots of things you could do.

                            Turn a perceived negative into a highly positive!

                            If we all lived in the same area you could get all of us together and throw a little sleeve making party. Get us all to chip in! I would do it!!!

                            For a run of 1,000 it would be a heck of a lot of work but for a run of 300 I think it would be do-able.

                            Do something "crafty" and call it a special limited edition!!!
                            Last edited by Nemo; 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM.
                            My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                              Of course, you could also ditch their packaging altogether and just order the disks in bulk. That would only run you $399 plus shipping.

                              Then you could come up with some handmade "collectible" type packaging. Like Steve Roach has sometimes done with the boxes that he creates himself. Then "handmade", "collectible", and each box is slightly different become selling points. You could get some special paper from your local specialty paper art supply store to create your own paper sleeves and you could also do something like print patterns on the packaging using for example, the linoleum block process.

                              Robert Rich's Zerkalo was a cd and some printed notecards placed in a plastic sleeve... not even an official cd sleeve or anything. The sleeve was roughly as wide as a cd but a little longer. The longer extra portion was folded down and taped with a piece of cellophane tape to keep it closed.

                              Lots of things you could do.

                              Turn a perceived negative into a highly positive!

                              If we all lived in the same area you could get all of us together and throw a little sleeve making party. Get us all to chip in! I would do it!!!

                              For a run of 1,000 it would be a heck of a lot of work but for a run of 300 I think it would be do-able.

                              Do something "crafty" and call it a special limited edition!!!
                              I am so on board with what you are saying. Ironically enough, I received my copy of "Aquarius" from the upcoming ambient label "Dronarivm" all the way from RUSSIA!!! It took like 2 weeks to ship to California.

                              Limited to 200 copies...I am SO IMPRESSED. Amazing artwork, cool packaging...check it out!

                              http://dronarivm.bandcamp.com/album/aquarius

                              I would LOVE to do something like this for "Branches." Awesome idea...ditch the packaging, let's make our own!!! :D
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X