drone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drone?

hi...this is new & sort of out of character for me. one of my first attempts at a drone. Let me know how you like it & what I could improve. Thanks

phoenstorm - "...our readings remain preliminary"

http://soundcloud.com/phoenstorm/our-readings-remain
    Last edited by phoenstorm; 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM.
    www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
    hi...this is new & sort of out of character for me. one of my first attempts at a drone. Let me know how you like it & what I could improve. Thanks

phoenstorm - "...our readings remain preliminary"

https://soundcloud.com/phoenstorm/our-readings-remain

Your drone is, in fact, spacey, but it has spatial bias.

Try to make variant with background drone located more at front (which is "empty" now)
    and make dynamic sounds at the background.
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

This is really good for a first attempt. I just did my first drone for the AO challenge, so take my comments with that in mind. I listened with headphones, and I didn't hear much going on above 4K, although that could be a Soundcloud issue. I have tinnitus and can't hear anything above 10K, so there may have been something there and I just couldn't hear it. From a conten tpoint of view, I listened beginning to end and found it interesting all the way through.

FYI, if you wrap your Soundcloud link with , the player will embed in the post.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up - cool feedback, will be back with more soon.

Comment

sorry, "Soon" was not so soon, but thanks again for your observations - I need to check on the 4k and above - is there any merit to include those frequencies - apart from aesthetic choice? I figure that would add sheen, possibly "air" - it would be too much to claim that I intentionally cut around that frequency, but I kind of liked that muffled, claustrophobic feel. Plus, everybody knows in space, you can only hear frequencies below 4k ;-)

-Metadronos thanks for your comment - depth and differentiation in the sound stage is a huge topic. how do you do it? pre-delay settings? eq? different groupings for reverb sends?

Comment

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
            sorry, "Soon" was not so soon, but thanks again for your observations - I need to check on the 4k and above - is there any merit to include those frequencies - apart from aesthetic choice? I figure that would add sheen, possibly "air" - it would be too much to claim that I intentionally cut around that frequency, but I kind of liked that muffled, claustrophobic feel. Plus, everybody knows in space, you can only hear frequencies below 4k ;-)

-Metadronos thanks for your comment - depth and differentiation in the sound stage is a huge topic. how do you do it? pre-delay settings? eq? different groupings for reverb sends?
            Could you actually hear anything in space? If there is no air to transmit sound pressure waves, then there would be nothing for our ears to hear. :D I get your point though. If that was what you were shooting for, then it works.

Comment

hehe... as they say...in space, no one can hear you scream:canthearyou::mrcool:

Comment

I originally said that this was bleak, dark and foreboding. I still think that this is the case. However, I also find it very relaxing. Is this a paradox? Is the universe about to end?:dunno:
                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I'm glad to hear this...maybe I should start a Cafe del Night-mar chillout series. thanks for giving this a repeat listen, always a great thing when your music is revisited! i think this series calls for at least another drone and two corresponding interludes...I'll get to that soon

Comment

Working...
                  X