Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed Suite of 1 minute Microdrones

Hi!
    I am excited to say that I finished the Microdrone Suite, a collection of 33 one minute drone pieces. The album is titled "by a thousand pricks and tiny lacerations", and is available for free download at Bandcamp.

This collects all of the Microdrones that I released on SoundCloud, as well as 22 new drones. I really enjoyed working within the constraint of one minute, and creating an atmosphere in that short amount of time.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy!
    really, there is no such thing as unlistenable noise...
    SoundClound
    Bandcamp

I like a lot of these. Setting some constraints can be a very fruitful way of working.

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed!
      Actually, some other members of the forum here showed interest in also making short, constrained, pieces (when I first mentioned the microdrones in my introduction post), so I have been planning to start a thread for people to post short ambient/soundscape/drone pieces, though I have been trying to figure out the best place for the thread (member releases? challenges?).
      SoundClound
      Bandcamp

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitsquirrel View Post
        Hi!
        I am excited to say that I finished the Microdrone Suite, a collection of 33 one minute drone pieces. The album is titled "by a thousand pricks and tiny lacerations", and is available for free download at Bandcamp.
        Very good set, it pleases me a lot.

And your track titles are very intriguing - semantically fuzzy, what allows for many (over)interpretations...
        I really admire your ability to construct tension and atmosphere in 60 seconds - which is often attack time
        of layer sounds in my tracks ;)
        Maybe some day I will try to express myself in such microform, maybe using sonifications only as additional constraint.
        But now I can only say - BRAVO! :listening:
        SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
        Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
        "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Thank you so much! I am glad that you are enjoying the pieces! Making these was a great deal of fun, and also allowed me to explore a number of different techniques/methods/combinations, which I have then started to include in my longer form work. I would say that my recent piece "Books Made to Sell on Television" incorporates a lot of these discoveries.
          https://soundcloud.com/rabbitsquirrel/books-made-to-sell-on

Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen!
          SoundClound
          Bandcamp

Comment

Thank you so much!
            SoundClound
            Bandcamp

Comment

I am very excited to say that I just got my first review! a closer listen reviewed this EP, along with my earlier release "Nectar From a Stone". If you are interested, you can read it here
              SoundClound
              Bandcamp

Comment

these are fantastic, i;d love to take part in some sort of microdrone thread if you start one, it will be interesting for me to see if i can write something short yet impactful
                https://soundcloud.com/negativespectrum

My record label
                http://xenomorphrecords.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitsquirrel View Post
                  I am very excited to say that I just got my first review! a closer listen reviewed this EP, along with my earlier release "Nectar From a Stone". If you are interested, you can read it here
                  Congrats on a very good review. I'm listening to "Nectar From a Stone" now - very nice.

Comment

Congratulations Grant! Really happy for you. Your music is such a pleasure to listen...it's no wonder they loved it too! I'll be picking up both releases here soon. Again, congrats!

-S1gns
                    Synphaera Records
                    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Thank you all so much for the kind words!
                      SoundClound
                      Bandcamp

Comment

A remarkable collection, and an intriguing concept! I'd love to have a pop at some myself for the microdrone thread. Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by ambientsketchbook View Post
                          A remarkable collection, and an intriguing concept! I'd love to have a pop at some myself for the microdrone thread. Excellent work! :thumbsup:
                          Thank you so much! So I finally started the Microdrone thread! You can find it here.
                          SoundClound
                          Bandcamp

Comment

Working...
                          X