S1gns Of L1fe - "Continuum"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1gns Of L1fe - "Continuum"

Surprise!!! New music from me. I didn't think I'd made it this far with this track, but here it is.

What started out as a work in progress and a test of DP8, turned into a full fledged ambient track. For those of you who have been waiting for my return to "pure ambient" well feast your ears on this one. Behold, I bring you "Continuum."

https://soundcloud.com/s1gnsofl1fe/continuum

I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Great track. I've just played this 3 or 4 times. I like all of the sonic toppings (the monologue, the delayed FX and the little melody motif), but the pads/drone are definitely the focal point on here. They have a nice shifting quality that is very satisfying. Good work :thumbsup:
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
      Great track. I've just played this 3 or 4 times. I like all of the sonic toppings (the monologue, the delayed FX and the little melody motif), but the pads/drone are definitely the focal point on here. They have a nice shifting quality that is very satisfying. Good work :thumbsup:
      Much appreciated. You are right, the pads were the focal point and what I was trying to get down. I'm really trying to find new ways to create movement in my pieces. Whether it's using plugins like camel space or reaktor ensembles, I just keep texture searching until I find what I'm looking for.

Lots going on in this piece...alchemy, reaktor DRON-E, camelspace, Uhbik...and of course, all arranged in DP8. The vocal was inspired by a piece I heard Ambient Indigo do where he added vocals and reversed them. I thought I would give it a shot. It's actually an old sermon recording played backwards in Audacity and brought in and added effect. You might see me doing more of this in the future.

Jury is still out whether I'm going to jump back into DP permanently. I find my way of working in pro tools is much more organized using the "hide and make inactive" method. But that's just me.

Anyway, thanks as always Tim for your continued support!

Cheers,

-S1gns
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Beauty and perfection. It is suitable to be put in next Voyager probe to let other civilizations know what ambient music is.
        Your music has a great potential - it occupies wide spectrum between creative experimentation and more listenable forms,
        having commercial qualities.

Really good work.
        SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
        Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
        "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

The Voyager probe! Don't you mean V'Ger? :daydream: Flattered, really! That's awesome man.

Creative experimentation indeed. This was a REALLY fun track to produce. I wrestled with it at times, but in the end it turned out pretty well I think. The only problem is that if I want to revisit it in the DAW it was created after this month I'm going to have to shell out $195 for the DP8 upgrade. :razz:

Thank you so much Metadronos. Your compliments are truly appreciated. :tu:

-S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

This is my favorite Signs piece so far... and that's saying a lot because they are all good!

Looks like you've done a great job of meshing the compositional patterns from "Language" and adding some of the new production techniques you had been exploring on "Branches". Great job!!! :thumbsup:
            My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
              This is my favorite Signs piece so far... and that's saying a lot because they are all good!

Looks like you've done a great job of meshing the compositional patterns from "Language" and adding some of the new production techniques you had been exploring on "Branches". Great job!!! :thumbsup:
              Wow, thanks Nemo! That means a lot to me, you have no idea.

And you're exactly right. That's precisely what I did, and people are digging it so I guess I must have done something right.

Much appreciated on the listen and thank you again for your comment. Made my evening!

Cheers,

-S1gns
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by jespis
                ...speechless... Top quality!
                Got your comment today and I was totally flattered. Thank you so much jespis. If you know me you know I am always striving for the best sound I can possibly get. I put everything I have into my music in hopes that the effort I put in will come out to the listener at the other side of the chain. Glad to know I succeeded in that regard.

Cheers.
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                X