Luftrum Remixes "Catalyst" by S1gns Of L1fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luftrum Remixes "Catalyst" by S1gns Of L1fe

Yes, you heard that right. Our very own resident ambient sound designer Luftrum has remixed the song "Catalyst" from my first album Language of the Ancients!

https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/s1gns-of-l1fe-catalyst-luftrum

The idea of a remix of this song started before "Language" was even released actually. Luftrum approached me with the idea soon after we met after I won "Luftrum 9 for Diva" in a KVR competition. Not knowing what to expect, I said "Sure!" and let him do his thing. 6 months later, here we are and now we have this amazing remix of the track.

What do you guys think? Are you fond of the original or do you like the newly updated version instead?

Cheers and enjoy,

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

I'll have to start by saying I really like both of these mixes. I think Luftrum did a fantastic job with the remix. I liked the faster arp, the addition of the vocal part, and the soft lead part at the end. It added another layer to an already great song. I like the audio of the original mix better. It feels a little more open with a better sense of space. I'm sure I'll listen to both many more times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciberithm View Post
      I'll have to start by saying I really like both of these mixes. I think Luftrum did a fantastic job with the remix. I liked the faster arp, the addition of the vocal part, and the soft lead part at the end. It added another layer to an already great song. I like the audio of the original mix better. It feels a little more open with a better sense of space. I'm sure I'll listen to both many more times.
      See that's very interesting to me. When I first heard Luftrum's mix I was immediately enamoured by the additions that he seamlessly integrated to my song. And that hasn't changed yet, probably because I know the original so well it's fresh and endearing to hear someone take something you made and put their own original take on it. For the record, this is the first time ANYONE has ever remixed my music like this.

I now understand why people put their music out there to have people remix it. It's just a great way to get ideas, feedback, and ultimately a perspective you weren't seeing because your vision for your own art might be different than someone else's.

Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
      X