Undertone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undertone

A new track that I recorded the other day. Dreadbox Erebus + Keeley Gold Star reverb + TC Triple Flashback delay + extra reverb from Valhalla UberMod. Thanks for listening!

Last edited by CSCD; 07-16-2017, 02:13 PM.

This is wonderful! I don't always go for this kind of ambient but it held me to the end.
    Graham
    https://www.youtube.com/c/THEBassBus
    https://soundcloud.com/bassbus
    https://hearthis.at/graham-blanche-ov/

Comment

Nicely done.. However if I were going to nitpick at all, I would note that these make my iPad Pro speakers rattle with some of the frequencies that are going on in the song- not sure if that was intended or not. Other than that, great song!
      "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings

Comment

Good stuff! Really enjoyed this.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words!

Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
          Nicely done.. However if I were going to nitpick at all, I would note that these make my iPad Pro speakers rattle with some of the frequencies that are going on in the song- not sure if that was intended or not. Other than that, great song!
          Thanks for the heads-up! This mix might get quite heavy at times: all sounds are going through the distorted mode of the Gold Star reverb, then through 2 or 3 parallel delays from the Flashback, and finally through a not-so-clean Valhalla reverb. It sounds fine through my headphones but indeed, it might not translate very well to iPad speakers. I've only recently got those pedals, so I'm pretty much still figuring out the best way to fit them in the mix

Comment

Not a bad listen. Not what I will usually continue to listen to because it sounds like the creator fell asleep on the keys.
            I like drone, but this was too ' in your face' for me.
            I noticed the borrowed Eno melody in there. What was it from...maybe "Another Green World"? Nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightneighbor View Post
              Not a bad listen. Not what I will usually continue to listen to because it sounds like the creator fell asleep on the keys.
              I like drone, but this was too ' in your face' for me.
              I noticed the borrowed Eno melody in there. What was it from...maybe "Another Green World"? Nice touch.
              Thank you. Personally, I fall asleep when I hear ambient tracks of the "let me twist every knob on my gear in 5 minutes or less" variety, haha. Different strokes, I guess.
              I've got huge respect for Eno's approach to music, but I never really got into any of his work for some reason (in fact, I don't listen to much ambient save for Stars of the Lid; I mostly prefer post-metal and shoegaze). Time to listen to Another Green World and see what I borrowed from it.

Comment

Working...
              X