Altered Sun (new album)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altered Sun (new album)

I just finished up a behemoth of an album (20 tracks, almost 78 minutes) that run the gamut from light ambient to experimental ambient to dark ambient.

I hope you all enjoy!
    Homepage | Bandcamp | SoundCloud | Spotify

Originally posted by jvincion View Post

I hope you all enjoy!
    Sure did Jason

I listened to the whole album yesterday then got distracted so forgot to post here.

Some interesting pieces, particularly the shorter ones... I'm still at a stage where I want to create eight minute plus pieces but you show here that two and three minute tracks work very well.

I need to listen again at some point...

Cheers

andy
    https://soundcloud.com/synkrotron

Comment

Thanks Andy! I still like to make a good eight minute piece (as previous releases can attest), but I'm at a point where I'm interested in how much I can get across with shorter pieces.

I think I might end up settling in the three-to-four minute range for my next release (hello nasoalmo), but that may change with time - that's definitely the fun with creativity!

Comment

Some great inspiration shows in this collection! I was very happy to give this a listen, and the length of the pieces was just right. You also did a great job of fitting the pieces together thematically so the flow of the music is pretty seamless. Good work!
        "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings

Comment

Thanks Sonic Bodhi, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I think shorter pieces are starting to suit me more - I used to be kind of leery of them for ambient, but some of my favorites from the album are the short ones.

As for the arranging, that's one of the parts I try to focus on most - I used to put together compilations when I ran a netlabel, and it was always important to me to find the best flow I could between all the disparate works. It's not always easy (especially with 20 pieces) and perhaps not as necessary in these days of streaming, but it's still something I strive for.

Comment

Had to give this a second listening- I think 'Shrouded Heavens' and 'Restless Dreaming' are the 'singles' from this collection (if things worked like they used to in the music world where d-j's would have to pick cuts from an album to play on the radio). Anyway, they're my favorites!
            "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings

Comment

Yeah, Shrouded Heavens is one of my favorites too - I started putting that one together on a day that the sun was obscured by the wildfires in British Columbia and eastern Washington.

That's not to say I don't like Restless Dreaming as well! If I didn't, I wouldn't have put it on the album.

Comment

Working...
              X