Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmic Dimensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cosmic Dimensions

    Hey folks! I know most artists here are releasing mainly though SC and Bandcamp; however, I'm already so stretched money-wise and have such a catalogue size that Soundcloud is no longer an option for me.

    I've released a few albums on Bandcamp as three of the artists I record as, and so far have only had room temperature sales figures at best. So this isn't just a release announcement but a release query.

    Is there anyone on this forum who is releasing through some of the more major outlets (examples: iTunes and Apple Music, Amazon Music, HMV, Deezer, Spotify, TIDAL, eMusic)? I've found the exposure rate to be much better; plus you have access to marketing through some of these services' Affiliate Programmes.

    That said, I'd like to introduce my second release using the distributor DiGiDi, Cosmic Dimensions. This is a four track EP containing extended playing time tracks.
    Last edited by HypnoticSounds; 02-13-2018, 05:25 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnosystemsuk

    https://thefractalgalaxysuites.vhx.tv

  • #2
    Yeah, no thank you. Any service that won't let me listen without signing up for a 'free trial' is not for me. I understand your point of view completely, but... still gotta say no..
    https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
    https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
    https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
      Yeah, no thank you. Any service that won't let me listen without signing up for a 'free trial' is not for me. I understand your point of view completely, but... still gotta say no..
      Yeah... If you're serious about actually selling your music then I think it's a given nowadays you need to be on itunes, spotify etc. On the flipside, if potential listeners don't have accounts on these sites they probably won't sign up just to hear your tracks (or maybe that's just me. And SB ) I guess having an easily previewable option is a good thing is what I'm saying.

      Having said that, Bandcamp is fine for previewing without signing up isn't it?

      Whatever, the previews I heard sounded nice.
      Latest release: never to be repeated

      Hearthis | Soundcloud

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad I found this. iTunes does not have a "free trial"; you just need to install the iTunes app on your computer and set up an Apple Account which is free. Bandcamp is actually not a good place if you want to sell your music, last I saw. I have multiple band sites which haven't sold a single unit; while my major outlets have sold some.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnosystemsuk

        https://thefractalgalaxysuites.vhx.tv

        Comment


        • #5
          Not really concerned that much with 'hitting the big time' with my own music- I was making the point that as a listener, I do not like sites that require you to sign up for 'free trials' before you can listen to anything.
          https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
          https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
          https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
          https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
            Not really concerned that much with 'hitting the big time' with my own music- I was making the point that as a listener, I do not like sites that require you to sign up for 'free trials' before you can listen to anything.
            As far as I am aware, there is no "free trial" with either of the sites I've mentioned in parentheses (Spotify and iTunes; also Amazon). In fact if I am correct, one can listen to tracks on the Website version of Spotify without opening an account; and there is a totally free, ad-supported account option one never has to pay for as well. Not a "free trial", but a full member account. And all you need for iTunes, is the app; it is Apple Music which is the subscription service; and as a listener I avoid AM like the plague.

            I am not exactly "out to hit the big time", either; I'd just like a little return on investment for my music. VSTIs can get expensive to collect, after all!
            Last edited by HypnoticSounds; 02-04-2019, 08:22 AM.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnosystemsuk

            https://thefractalgalaxysuites.vhx.tv

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HypnoticSounds View Post

              As far as I am aware, there is no "free trial" with either of the sites I've mentioned in parentheses (Spotify and iTunes; also Amazon). In fact if I am correct, one can listen to tracks on the Website version of Spotify without opening an account; and there is a totally free, ad-supported account option one never has to pay for as well. Not a "free trial", but a full member account. And all you need for iTunes, is the app; it is Apple Music which is the subscription service; and as a listener I avoid AM like the plague.

              I am not exactly "out to hit the big time", either; I'd just like a little return on investment for my music. VSTIs can get expensive to collect, after all!
              Most of the time, I am on my iPad, so you can understand my reticence- Safari makes you go to this page where you have to download the Spotify app, and most of that is subscription service.. unless you want your listening riddled with ads, like what happened to Pandora.. it just got so you would get an ad inbetween EVERY song, it was that ridiculous...

              https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
              https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
              https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
              https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

              Comment

              Working...
              X