the witness tree (functional version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregH
    started a topic the witness tree (functional version)

the witness tree (functional version)

This is from a long standing project with the artist Judy Watson based around the (famous in Australia) history and site of the Myall Ck massacre. Judy's great-grandmother survived a similar massacre although carried a bayonet scar from it for the rest of her life.
    We made a couple of site visits with the other artists involved in an exhibition linked below in another post. I made some recordings and produced a 20 minute 4 channel piece to accompany Judy's installation at an exhibition that opened last Friday. Below is a stereo mix (way better in 4 channel, which was interesting) Most likely I will revisit this for a substantially adjusted version rather than a quick backup in case the tech failed and we had to go to stereo
    https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/the-witness-tree
    Last edited by GregH; 06-13-2018, 11:31 PM.

• GregH
    replied
    Originally posted by ablaut View Post
    Great composition! I can only imagine the extra dimension added by being part of an installation...
    thanks - yes having 4 channels (speaker in each corner) was much better than one might think - added far more than just "more speakers"

Leave a comment:

• ablaut
    replied
    Great composition! I can only imagine the extra dimension added by being part of an installation...

Leave a comment:

• GregH
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
    pretty amazing.. I felt as if I was standing there with you at the site, listening to all those sounds..
    thanks Sonic Bodhi - really glad you got that vibe. It has been an amazing project to be involved in -I've learnt a lot

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    pretty amazing.. I felt as if I was standing there with you at the site, listening to all those sounds..

Leave a comment:

• GregH
    replied
    and here is a link to the gallery and exhibition
    http://www.neram.com.au/myall-creek-exhibition/

Leave a comment:

• GregH
    replied
    and here is the website documenting the process I made for mobile (not so great on desktop) - this will get quite a bit added to it over the next few weeks as more documentation gets sent to me
    www.thewitnesstree.com.au

Leave a comment:

Working...
X