Jason Vincion - Distant Memories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Vincion - Distant Memories

It's been an interesting period of time since I left here to say the least - in that time, I somehow forgot about a bunch of ambient pieces I never released, so I cleaned them up and made an album out of them.

I hope you enjoy!
    Home | Bandcamp | Spotify | Instagram | SoundCloud

Good souunds! I would describe it as maybe brooding ambient...
    Soundcloud | YouTube | Bandcamp

Comment

Thanks TDP ! Yeah, brooding ambient is an accurate descriptor for it - I've definitely had some broody times in the process of creating it!

Comment

First off, let me say I'm glad you are back. I've always enjoyed your bliss ambient stuff- this collection is quite an inversion with the dark theme. Crystallized Ocean is probably going to be my favorite track. That or Distressed Sleep. Calming Winds is pretty good too. Ethereal Peace will be another favorite. I hope this time you stick around for a long time.
        Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 08-18-2018, 10:02 AM.
        "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

Comment

Thanks Sonic Bodhi . It's definitely been a darker time for me - not bad, just one of tempering. A lot of trial by fire. In that time, I've explored some darker sounds and they resonate a lot more with me now. I may get back to more bliss ambient when things settle down in life more, but they haven't yet. Hopefully soon!

Comment

I definitely love dark ambient, and this fits the bill! Great stuff!
            https://ablaut.bandcamp.com/ | https://hearthis.at/ablaut/ | https://soundcloud.com/ablauto

Comment

Thanks ablaut ! I was pretty happy with how it came out, especially since it was all pieces that were "lost" on my hard drive and previously unreleased.

Comment

Originally posted by jvincion View Post
                Thanks Sonic Bodhi . It's definitely been a darker time for me - not bad, just one of tempering. A lot of trial by fire. In that time, I've explored some darker sounds and they resonate a lot more with me now. I may get back to more bliss ambient when things settle down in life more, but they haven't yet. Hopefully soon!
                Well, I certainly understand trial by fire, and if there was anything I said or did in the past that contributed to those darker times, I would like to apologize again. One thing about the dark times, though- it certainly makes you appreciate the light much more when it comes back around.
                "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I´m on track 3 and "Disturbing Dreams" is absolutely majestic and beautiful, a great work of dissonance there.

Comment

Thanks Sonic Bodhi - I appreciate the apology. It was a combination of many things that took my attention away from the forums, and even now things are still pretty busy and probably will continue to be throughout the rest of this month. That's not stopping me from tinkering with new sounds, though!

Thanks Jan Roos - I'm glad you're enjoying the album!

Comment

Working...
                    X