X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Forward

ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

I hear a track using effect for the sake of effect. Anyone can do that.
    Well, that's what I'm thinking when I listen to this...but of course I know there will soon be replies exclaiming their approval.
    "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
    Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
      I hear a track using effect for the sake of effect. Anyone can do that.
      Well, that's what I'm thinking when I listen to this...but of course I know there will soon be replies exclaiming their approval.
      Yes, and I had a lot of fun using all these FX.
      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

well done and FX are for playing with :-)

Comment

For me it is sometimes all about the effects, so, nice work Birgit

Would you mind explaining what you did here, for the benefit of other experimentors in effects?
          I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

We all have a right to express our opinion. If I hadn't expressed mine, I'm sure these other effect remarks would have never been made.
            There is a place for my critical perspectives in this forum. I don't say things like this to be mean or malice.
            "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
            Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
              For me it is sometimes all about the effects, so, nice work Birgit

Would you mind explaining what you did here, for the benefit of other experimentors in effects?
              Thank you! It's rather simple. I played an improvisation with a fifth-pad on a grain sampler. Afterward I rendered it to audio and made 2 copies. On each audio track I applied different feedback delays and grain-pitch-shift delays. On the sum I applied reverb.
              ahornberg.bandcamp.com
              soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
                There is a place for my critical perspectives in this forum.
                Totally with you there Barry

Last edited by synkrotron; 01-11-2019, 01:49 AM. Reason: I should not have quoted all of Barry's post. Quote edited to show what my response pertains to.

Comment

in addition, basted on the same improvisation
                  ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                  soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

I used to use a time stretch filter in Adobe Audition that would render a realistic fast-forwarding through a tape reel. When I can I will upload an example. Listening to the first track, and it's pretty sweet- talking about the musical content, that is, not just the efx.

annode you're right, if we didn't have critical perspectives, how could we learn to hone our craft?

EDIT:

Listening to track 2, that's quite a long, drawn out fade-in, LoL.

I'm left with the question though- I didn't really hear anything that sounded like fast-forwarding or rewinding, but I still love the music. To me it sounds atmospheric.
                    Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 01-12-2019, 10:37 AM.
                    https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
                    https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
                    https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
                      I used to use a time stretch filter in Adobe Audition that would render a realistic fast-forwarding through a tape reel. When I can I will upload an example. Listening to the first track, and it's pretty sweet- talking about the musical content, that is, not just the efx.

annode you're right, if we didn't have critical perspectives, how could we learn to hone our craft?

EDIT:

Listening to track 2, that's quite a long, drawn out fade-in, LoL.

I'm left with the question though- I didn't really hear anything that sounded like fast-forwarding or rewinding, but I still love the music. To me it sounds atmospheric.
                      Time is relative. This recordings were made near the Schwarzschild radius of a black hole and track 2 is simply said just a reversed and stretched version of track 1. And holy shit, someone bought this EP just a few hours after I released it
                      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
                        And holy shit, someone bought this EP just a few hours after I released it
                        Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X