X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BassBus
    started a topic Ambient bass looping #11

Ambient bass looping #11

This is a piece that was inspired by a photographic trip I had to the Neidpath tunnel and viaduct at Peebles in the Scottish Borders, UK. First time I tried light painting. Some of the photos come up throughout the video.

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by BassBus View Post
    Thanks once more Andy.
    Always a pleasure, Graham

The fantasy of doing so is there but the will is another thing.
    With you on that one

I live in a bit of an ambient desert. Whenever I mention I play ambient music you often see bits of tumbleweed blowing past.
    I think it is quite a common thing in the UK to be honest.

There's always the option of a live show on YT.
    I tried that, once. No one turned up haha!

Once I have 1000 subscribers there I'll do that. I might be using a zimmer by that time though.
    LOL! I'd love to be able to hit 100 subs so that I could change my URL... Not in my lifetime, it seems

Leave a comment:

• BassBus
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Reminds me of Michael Manring. Nice job!
    Wow, that's an honour. He is an influence and a fantastic player. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Leave a comment:

• ThePhantom
    replied
    Reminds me of Michael Manring. Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• BassBus
    replied
    Thanks once more Andy. No, I have never performed this stuff live to an audience. The fantasy of doing so is there but the will is another thing. I live in a bit of an ambient desert. Whenever I mention I play ambient music you often see bits of tumbleweed blowing past. I guess the nearest audience would be Edinburgh and Newcastle, each 60 miles away so it's much easier just to perform on video. There's always the option of a live show on YT. Once I have 1000 subscribers there I'll do that. I might be using a zimmer by that time though.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Excellent piece, Graham

Do you ever take your show on the road?

I know it can be a bit of a faff and so much easier to create YouTube videos, as you are doing.

cheers

andy

Leave a comment:

• BassBus
    replied
    Alesis still making good gear.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Oh! I have something similar to that on my iPad 3. It's a Griffin Studio Connect. Been meaning to get one for my iPad Pro, since it has a lightning connector. The last thing I owned by Alesis was a Microverb and a midi sequencer back in the 80's.

Leave a comment:

• BassBus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
    Osh kosh, b'gosh, I didn't see that until you pointed it out! I use a JVC Everio in my setup, and sometimes footage from iPad Pro and iPhone.

What's the thing on your music stand?
    That's an iPad in the Alesis iOdock. Looper in there controled by the Softstep.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Osh kosh, b'gosh, I didn't see that until you pointed it out! I use a JVC Everio in my setup, and sometimes footage from iPad Pro and iPhone.

What's the thing on your music stand?

Leave a comment:

• BassBus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
    Nicely done! This one is different from what you usually upload.. I like the modulation you added to it. So when you make these videos, you have two cameras going at the same time, I'm assuming. The overhead cam must be placed out of the shot of the front view camera, because I can't see it. Great piece, btw.. enjoyed very much.
    Thanks a lot SB. Sorry for the delayed reply, been away for the weekend.

Yes a bit of a move on. I don't want to stand still for too long otherwise I'll get bored never mind anyone else. Been putting together some new patches using delays and modulation a bit more. The new looping system will also allow me to try some new ideas.

Two cameras, yes. Two Gopros. Just been watching a vlog from a guy who has had terrible trouble with Gopros in the past, lots of crashes. I've never had any problems with mine. I usually shoot a wide shot then I can zoom in and crop in the edit. The overhead for the effects can actually be seen in the bottom right of the screen at the end of a mic stand.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Nicely done! This one is different from what you usually upload.. I like the modulation you added to it. So when you make these videos, you have two cameras going at the same time, I'm assuming. The overhead cam must be placed out of the shot of the front view camera, because I can't see it. Great piece, btw.. enjoyed very much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X