Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment, HLER

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Realignment, HLER

    Finnish Luola record label released our (HLER) first album.

    https://open.spotify.com/artist/3rdl...TA2lbj8C0WCxXw
    https://hler.bandcamp.com/


  • #2
    well done good work :-)

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazing sounds!

      Just a question: What are your experiences with Spotify related to Bandcamp?
      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
        Amazing sounds!

        Just a question: What are your experiences with Spotify related to Bandcamp?
        The biggest differences Spotify vs Bandcamp in my opinion is, that in Bandcamp you can sell digi & physical releases in different audio qualities. Spotify is only compressed streaming, but has more potential listeners. Our genre is also quite marginal, so usually people who listen ambient music are also aware of the small labels and search new music actively outside of Spotify.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vongoiva View Post

          The biggest differences Spotify vs Bandcamp in my opinion is, that in Bandcamp you can sell digi & physical releases in different audio qualities. Spotify is only compressed streaming, but has more potential listeners. Our genre is also quite marginal, so usually people who listen ambient music are also aware of the small labels and search new music actively outside of Spotify.
          Thanks!
          ahornberg.bandcamp.com
          soundcloud.com/ahornberg

          Comment


          • #6
            Listening to the title song, and it's quite 'busy' in a way that I like- cinematic, and orchestral. I don't generally associate this type of music with 'ambient' which by definition is much more subltle in its approach but this is kind of an 'in your face' ambient style, since it does qualify as a drone. I like the soundscape thing you've got going with it too, and the gradual tapering off of the busy loudness and morphing into a calmer, slightly more pastoral sound. Props, Sir! Well done!
            https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
            https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
            https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
            https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you all for your kind words!

              Comment


              • #8
                i like it, but it is definitely noisy.
                https://ablaut.bandcamp.com/ | https://hearthis.at/ablaut/ | https://soundcloud.com/ablauto

                Comment


                • #9
                  Real easy to place non-ambient music is the non-ambient thread. It's right there.
                  "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
                  Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
                    Amazing sounds!

                    Just a question: What are your experiences with Spotify related to Bandcamp?
                    Interesting question.. We put out Realignment on our Bandcamp and the label (Luola Records) has sorted out the digital distribution into streaming / download stores

                    As a solo artist I guess I can answer too - in this case, I'd put a release out on Bandcamp to pretty much crickets, then push the same release out to streaming + download stores via CDBaby and be relatively happy.

                    Actually, maybe you meant: does Spotify streaming have an effect on Bandcamp purchases? Maybe, but to not be on Spotify or other streaming services would be to leave money on the table. I'm a firm believer in "from small streams comes a river" (or however it's said in English), so kinda against leaving any pile of cents on the floor.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by esaruoho View Post

                      Interesting question.. We put out Realignment on our Bandcamp and the label (Luola Records) has sorted out the digital distribution into streaming / download stores

                      As a solo artist I guess I can answer too - in this case, I'd put a release out on Bandcamp to pretty much crickets, then push the same release out to streaming + download stores via CDBaby and be relatively happy.

                      Actually, maybe you meant: does Spotify streaming have an effect on Bandcamp purchases? Maybe, but to not be on Spotify or other streaming services would be to leave money on the table. I'm a firm believer in "from small streams comes a river" (or however it's said in English), so kinda against leaving any pile of cents on the floor.
                      Thanks! So it seems like being a good choice going both ways.
                      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X