Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny Greenwood at the Prom

I've never heard of Jonny Greenwood.

I now know he is a member of Radiohead. A good band, I guess, but not one that I have had much experience of other than the occasional video on the TV.

Anyway, this Jonny Greenwood bloke is featuring on a late night Prom thing at the Royal Albert Hall, tonight, at 22:15

I think I may tune in...

For anyone interested, here are some links from the BBC:-

Details of the event,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/egwxp6

BBC Radio 3,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008932

BBC Four,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008c37

cheers

​​​​​​​andy
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

He's got some serious classical chops, check out his 'there will be blood' soundtrack, deeply unsettling (in the way penderecki can be).

<actually follows link>

oh look, they did a penderecki piece...
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Yeah, it was an interesting hour and thirty. It's a rare occasion that I get to listen to a classical performance like this. I don't have such a broad like of classical music so I tend to have to choose my "Prom" sessions to suit.

I will be watching the BBC Four session when it comes available on iPlayer over the weekend...

Comment

He's a seriously good musician, andy, and a great, original guitarist - one of those rare people who come up with their own, completely unique style of playing the thing!
        Bandcamp / Soundcloud / Website

Comment

Originally posted by YnotB View Post
          He's a seriously good musician, andy, and a great, original guitarist - one of those rare people who come up with their own, completely unique style of playing the thing!
          Yes, I need to look more into his solo creations. I don't feel like I want to "get into" Radiohead at this moment in time... Not enough room in my life for that at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

I don't feel like I want to "get into" Radiohead at this moment in time... :
            You might live to regret that one
            Bandcamp / Soundcloud / Website

Comment

Originally posted by YnotB View Post

You might live to regret that one
              haha! Well... ever say never

But what you need to know about me is, when I latch onto something new I tend to obsess on it to the exclusion of everything else. Always been a problem of mine. So I try to minimise my exposure to "new stuff" when I am in create mode.

Comment

Penderecki, Reich and Greenwood - wasn't a bad Prom! I would also recommend having a listen to the Penderecki/Greenwood collaboration - Amazon link
                Soundcloud | Bandcamp

Comment

Originally posted by eterne View Post
                  Penderecki, Reich and Greenwood - wasn't a bad Prom! I would also recommend having a listen to the Penderecki/Greenwood collaboration - Amazon link
                  Thanks for the link

I listened to all the thirty second long snippets and it was quite interesting. I will consider perhaps buying the album and perhaps even embark on something similar myself (although I wouldn't know where to start at this time).

I note that Spitfire Audio are releasing a rather impressive BBC Symphony Orchestra sample library which seems to sound fantastic and would be perfect for something like this.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a...ony-orchestra/

Comment

Working...
                  X