X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    Originally posted by sklawlor View Post
    Thank you for listening to Divina Commedia 1. We're working on Divina Commedia 2 subtitled seven terraces and this one in parts sounds a bit like x by Klaus Schulze and has a lot more organ. The goal for the second volume isn't to be as dark or scary since it is purgatory after all and we do have another collaboration which came out on the nostress label in 2013. Here's the link for that one.
    Into the Eternal Darkness with Jack Hertz
    http://www.nostressnetlabel.net/NN_LP044_10_13.html
    My daughter Leah makes a rather prominent appearance in the first track called A mighty flame follows a tiny Spark at around 4:30 and then again later. On a side note, I'm working on something for the ambient online compilation where the kids are featured as well, I'm still not sure what to call it and you know how these things go, it always feels like something's missing.
    Very cool! I'll watch out for your next release in the Divine Comedy series.. and I'll check that link out as well, thanks!

Best of luck with your new tracks.. for me it's always an effort to "let go"..

Leave a comment:

• sklawlor
    replied
    Thank you for listening to Divina Commedia 1. We're working on Divina Commedia 2 subtitled seven terraces and this one in parts sounds a bit like x by Klaus Schulze and has a lot more organ. The goal for the second volume isn't to be as dark or scary since it is purgatory after all and we do have another collaboration which came out on the nostress label in 2013. Here's the link for that one.
    Into the Eternal Darkness with Jack Hertz
    http://www.nostressnetlabel.net/NN_LP044_10_13.html
    My daughter Leah makes a rather prominent appearance in the first track called A mighty flame follows a tiny Spark at around 4:30 and then again later. On a side note, I'm working on something for the ambient online compilation where the kids are featured as well, I'm still not sure what to call it and you know how these things go, it always feels like something's missing.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    He's there now, silently and deliberately planning his response. Be afraid. Be very afraid.:nervous:

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    [QUOTE=GaryG;22377]
    Originally posted by Synthetic Aurality View Post
    Originally posted by Delta T View Post
    while a soul patch would make you totally non-ambient.
    <cough>S1gns</cough>
    I like to live dangerously!!! :eek: :fence:

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    [QUOTE=Synthetic Aurality;22364]
    while a soul patch would make you totally non-ambient.
    <cough>S1gns</cough>

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    Hmmm... do goatees count as beards or does that make the musician only half-ambient?
    That's a tough call.. I think a goatee qualifies as full-on ambient, while a soul patch would make you totally non-ambient.

This deserves its own thread, "Ambient Beards"! :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• des
    replied
    Hmmm... do goatees count as beards or does that make the musician only half-ambient?

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    Just finished listening to "Divina Comedia 1".. sooo cool!

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    I'm going to get a clip-onbeard, that way I can "turn ambient" on demand.. :highfive:

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    Originally posted by Synthetic Aurality View Post
    I can only aspire to beard-hood..
    Worry not Grasshopper, All things come to the man who strives with patience.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    Thanks, Windspace! I bought one album (a collab with Mr. Lawlor) and it's great stuff.. definitely going to get more from him this Payway!

He's got a beard, cool, so here's a legit ambient musician.. I can only aspire to beard-hood..

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    I've listened to a lot of Jack Hertz's work. Hearing his recordings is one of the things that inspired me to attempt composing ambient music. And influenced me to drift toward experimental things as often as not...

He also operates the Aural Films net label:http://auralfilms.com Home of the wonderful Fog Music series. Check it out…you'll find some familiar names there…and a LOT of great ambient music!
    Last edited by windspace; 02-11-2015, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sky High Diamonds
    replied
    OK, so if he has a beard he must be worth a listen LOL. I have listened to some of his stuff, it's very cool.

Leave a comment:

• Toaster
    replied
    He does have a beard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X