Zimoun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimoun

After the video, I highly recommend clicking through to the site; very interesting installations.

Comment

:dunno:
      | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
        After the video, I highly recommend clicking through to the site; very interesting installations.
        i love the fans and the plastic bags

Comment

I can't see a thing I'm afraid...
          >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post

I repeat :dunno:Got me. Nothing but black space. Must be only visible to members of the secret society of Zimoun :uh:

Comment

Well... That's bizarre Greg, because I can now see both videos... Very strange indeed...

Now that I am watching the videos I have to say, how amazing is that... A lot of effort, but I'm sure you would struggle to come close to emulating the same sounds with software.

Comment

I'm on his website now... So much effort put into his contraptions but they actually sound quite amazing...

And it's not just the sounds... Visually most interesting too... Got me hooked in...

Comment

no idea either - for me there is a vimeo screen embedded same as you get with youtube - in fact I am looking at your "Got me" post and just above your comment is the quoted section with a vimeo screen showing the Zimoun piece

Weird!
                    Originally posted by Maharg View Post

I repeat :dunno:Got me. Nothing but black space. Must be only visible to members of the secret society of Zimoun :uh:

Comment

I'm on his website now... So much effort put into his contraptions but they actually sound quite amazing...

And it's not just the sounds... Visually most interesting too... Got me hooked in...
                      yeah but he would outsource the work - although not in the early days.
                      Using a shipping container like for the paper bag one is a good idea as it would work as a horn enclosure to focus the sound and pump it out the front

for a different type of work - but still alot of work - check out the Pinuccio Sciola I just posted
                      Last edited by ; 10-06-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

This kinda got me inspired to try something out, just to see, and sort of based on the use of motors with bits of wire on and what have you.

I created a new project and added seven instances of Hive.

On instance was positioned dead centre, two at 30% L&R, two at 70% L&R and the last two at 100% L&R

Each instance was tweaked slightly and the two which were at 100% L&R had a little bit more white noise added to give them a slightly higher pitch.

The preset I used utilised LFO1 and LFO2 to modulate the filters. I therefore added automation on each track to alter the LFO1 and LFO2 rates over the five minute duration of the project.

I had two delay busses, each with Timeless 2 added. The time element was different between the two delays and the preset was a stereo bouncy one. I set the dry level in each case to zero.

I also had a reverb bus with my favourite Cathedral preset selected. Again, dry level is set to zero.

Each Hive track had a send to all three busses.

I uploaded the final result as a private 24bit 44.1kHz WAV file.

If you want to have a mess, fill yer boots...

Comment

no idea either - for me there is a vimeo screen embedded same as you get with youtube - in fact I am looking at your "Got me" post and just above your comment is the quoted section with a vimeo screen showing the Zimoun piece

Weird!
                          Originally posted by Maharg View Post

That is really weird! No video showing up anywhere in the thread for me!??

Comment

Here is a link to the site, Maharg, maybe there?

Comment

Thank you aoVl :thumbsup:

edit later...Love it! I am inspired.
                              Last edited by Maharg; 10-06-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X