Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New STEVE ROACH release (name your price) and it's very good!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New STEVE ROACH release (name your price) and it's very good!!

    Hey folks.
    Just got an e-mail notification telling me about this new Roach release.
    I listened to it a few times now on my Bose Hi-Fi system and I really love it!
    Every track is well recorded and very well conceived.
    Just listen to "Three Reptiles Wait at the Opening to the Underworld" on a good system and I'm sure you'll go for the whole album.
    Of course, name your price...so it's a bargain as well!!!
    https://projektrecords.bandcamp.com/...ame-your-price
    Last edited by annode; 03-02-2018, 09:08 AM.
    "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
    My Music

  • #2
    I always love Steve Roach's releases- been following him since 'Forgetten Gods, Suspended Memories' when he was in Saguaro. Thank you for the heads-up, I'll give that a listen!

    EDIT:

    Paid for and downloaded the album.
    Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 03-02-2018, 04:36 PM.
    "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
      I always love Steve Roach's releases- been following him since 'Forgetten Gods, Suspended Memories' when he was in Saguaro. Thank you for the heads-up, I'll give that a listen!
      Cool...checking that out now!
      https://heartsofspacerecords.bandcam...forgotten-gods
      "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
      My Music

      Comment


      • #4
        annode checking out 'three reptiles' now, and it reminds me very much of the Forgotten Gods album I just mentioned!
        "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
          annode checking out 'three reptiles' now, and it reminds me very much of the Forgotten Gods album I just mentioned!
          Three Reptiles Wait at the Opening to the Underworld - Recorded live in concert Tucson, May 1992.
          "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
          My Music

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by annode View Post

            Three Reptiles Wait at the Opening to the Underworld - Recorded live in concert Tucson, May 1992.
            That's pretty interesting because the Forgotten Gods, Suspended Memories album was released right around the same time.
            "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post

              That's pretty interesting because the Forgotten Gods, Suspended Memories album was released right around the same time.
              Exactly! 1993
              "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
              My Music

              Comment


              • #8
                I have this CD, and it is indeed very good. It's sequel Truth and Beauty is also excellent.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Truth & Beauty is 1999 and Forgotten Gods, Suspended Memories is 1993...sequel?
                  EDIT - reading the liner notes, I sorta see what you mean. Roach jumps around time a lot.
                  Last edited by annode; 03-12-2018, 05:05 PM.
                  "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
                  My Music

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I guess there was a bit of confusion. I was referring to Truth & Beauty being the sequel to The Lost Pieces, as the other title for Truth & Beauty is The Lost Pieces Vol. 2.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cloud Hunter View Post
                      I guess there was a bit of confusion. I was referring to Truth & Beauty being the sequel to The Lost Pieces, as the other title for Truth & Beauty is The Lost Pieces Vol. 2.
                      Where are you reading this? Show a source.pls.
                      At his site list I see;
                      Places Beyond: The Lost Pieces 4
                      Where are 2 and 3 ?

                      EDIT - I think I found it HERE and HERE
                      The reviewers are making this distinction based on the unreleased/rare/from different release session nature of the collection.
                      There is not actually any collection/release called 'The Lost Pieces 2' or 3' ? The reviewer alone has said it is a sub-title...no?
                      So these are just rarity and unreleased collections.
                      I was aware of this when I read about this "The Lost Pieces" 1992 reissue, but didn't know he does this sort of collections thing here are there.

                      EDIT2 - Now I see the 1999 discontinued cd is sub-titled Truth & Beauty
                      The Lost Pieces Volume Two


                      They seemed to have dropped it in the later edition.
                      Last edited by annode; 03-13-2018, 10:11 AM.
                      "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
                      My Music

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Looks like you found what I meant. And just to complete the collection, The Lost Pieces Vol. 3 is Texture Maps.
                        http://steveroach.com/Music/discography.php?albumID=279

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cloud Hunter View Post
                          Looks like you found what I meant. And just to complete the collection, The Lost Pieces Vol. 3 is Texture Maps.
                          http://steveroach.com/Music/discography.php?albumID=279
                          Aha. Why he didn't just call them each "The Lost Pieces vol-X" and be done with it. haha He has to make everything so convoluted.
                          "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
                          My Music

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X