Store a photo of your patch in Reaper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store a photo of your patch in Reaper

So lately I've started to spend a little more time with the 2600. How many times have you wished you documented a patch a little bit better? Anyway, I saw a freebie plug-in that allows you to insert a photo into your DAW project but I didn't like the registration requirements, so I explored to see if I could somehow do so in Reaper. And voila! You just insert an empty item into a new track and load the jpg into it. You can stretch the item so that you can see it along with the audio track if needed, If you click on the little comment icon for the item it opens the item so you can see an enlarged view of the photo.
    Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail, there’s only make.— John Cage
    Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

Awesome, Reaper the DAW that just keeps on giving.

More importantly, I didn't realise you had a 2600, doubly awesome.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Nice one Reaper

I do have a licensed version of Reaper and I tried it for a time. Nice DAW, and it is close enough to Sonar that learning how to use it was a cinch. I've not used it for a while, though, for no other reason than I have Sonar Platinum with lifetime core updates, which means I don't have to spend another penny on it.

I watched some of the recent videos of the latest Reaper and I really like the spectral editing stuff but this still isn't enough to make me drop Sonar.

I also didn't realise that windspace had a 2600!
      https://soundcloud.com/synkrotron

Comment

That makes 3 of us unaware. Maybe it's hot.

Comment

Obviously this was just a sneaky/casual way of showing off his new toy. Sad.

;)
          Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post

;)
            Yeah! Shame on you windspace

Still waiting to hear it though
            https://soundcloud.com/synkrotron

Comment

Well...it still feels like a new toy - even though I bought it in 1983! Unfortunately it has been in storage for most of the time since. I've unpacked it and dinked around with it from time to time, but never really spent the time with I that I wish I had. That being said, I'm really glad I hung on to it. It has one big problem that I didn't identify for a long. long time. Some of the original keyboard key contacts are wacked. It needs adjusting and I think it has since I bought it used. I originally thought it was me and I was not doing something right, but in around 2010 I took the thing apart and researched for maintenance info and I found documentation about adjusting the key contacts. It looks like a very finicky process wherein one must use a small tool like screwdriver and carefully...very carefully!...bend some fragile copper bars that are attached to the 45 year old circuit board. I haven't got up the guts to try this yet. If one breaks off, I think it's broken for good. In the mean time I use the QuNexus keyboard to play it. Or, more often, just set up some bleepy S&H patch that runs on it's own.
              Like this one in the background of this track:

Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

Comment

Can't hear it too well there actually. Here's the recording shown in the Reaper project in OP. It kinda goes on & on...

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post

;)

I think it was a wise reveal, nicely timed.

As we had been discussing earlier this month via PM; we all agreed windspace was a nice enough guy, but were not so clear on how cool we thought he was.

Owning an ARP 2600 is cool.

Owning it for 35 years is even cooler.

But if he was REALLY cool the pics he saved in reaper would have been scans of a patch sheet.

Now that'd be vintage analogue cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X