Greg (woggle) from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg (woggle) from Australia

Hi, I found out about this forum from kvr and so here I am and to keep things consistentI am using my kvr name 'woggle' here too. I have been making music for 40 years, starting like most teenage boys my then age with really awful hippy rock music then moving to much less awful musics as I heard and learnt more and started realising just how huge was the field of possible musics. Pretty much once I heard stuff other than radio music I was hooked on all sorts of things although it amazes me how long I resisted some stuff through being stuck in the adolescent rock guitar mind set - eg Manuel Gottsching's 'inventions for electric guitar' was beyond my understanding when I heard it in 76 - Why wasn't he playing really fast like a proper rock god?

Here is a link to my soundcloud page - this set has some more ambient and drone style pieces, some with noisy guitars some with quiet piano https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/sets/rest
    Last edited by GregH; 10-13-2013, 03:58 PM.

Welcome to AO, Greg.

You need to listen to some good hippy rock music (without the lentils):listening:
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

thanks seismic - I think I'll take a perversely hardline on that and forgo the hippy rock but eat the lentils (hippy rock makes me think of grateful dead, but are there others .....?)

Comment

Hi Greg..welcome to AO..hope we will see more of you, and that you'll be sharing some of what must be a ton of knowledge you have acquired over the years with us all.

Checked out you SC page and I have to say I honestly love "In Part"..a really beautiful track. :thumbsup:

Comment

Awesome! Always like to see some KVRists cross the fence and come on over. While most of us are members there as well, you'll notice the vibe here is totally different, in the best possible way, of course!

Just checked out your intro track. Very nice. Love the piano work and soundscapes. You'll fit in well here!

Cheers and welcome to the forum,
          -S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Welcome here Greg! I'll check out your Soundcloud page.

Originally posted by woggle View Post
            thanks seismic - I think I'll take a perversely hardline on that and forgo the hippy rock but eat the lentils (hippy rock makes me think of grateful dead, but are there others .....?)
            Even though he's in my personal pantheon, I'd have to offer up Neil Young as a hippy rock candidate!

Comment

What about Joni?
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

..or jimi hendrix?

Comment

ha ha - yes I admit there is some good hippy rock. Neil Young has made some great tracks, as did Hendrix (but I draw the line at Joni Mitchell).
                  anyway I was mainly referring to my teenage attempts at hippy rock and i feel pretty confident that they were really bad

Thanks to you all for the welcome and thanks for the listens.

greg

Comment

Working...
                  X