Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Phase47

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings from Phase47

    I see lots of familiar names here - that's great! Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. Started out a few weeks ago to upgrade my production rig and got two bum Mac Minis in a row and had a bit of headache for a few weeks getting things sorted. Things are straight now, though, and so I'm playing catch up and finishing the mastering on two of the most challenging records of 2012: Sasha Strunin (Russian // Polish Pop) and Gavin Bryars (Classical) -- they couldn't be further apart, and both are very complex projects.

    Gavin, by the way, who's a dear friend, you'll recognize from Eno's early ambient work, and if you haven't check out some of Gavin's material like 'The Sinking of the Titanic," -- highly recommended listening.
    Ascendant Bandcamp // SoundCloud // FaceBook // Twitter

  • #2
    Dude, we've been waiting for you!!!!!! Glad you got your Mac Mini issues worked out. Welcome (finally) to the forum!!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to having you with us.

    Cheers!!!

    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome!

      Just listening to Drifting through wreckage.

      Whoa this is great! Can't wait to hear more!
      -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm sorry you've been having troubles, but it's great that you could finally join us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome to the Forum, P47
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome! I really enjoy your Phase 47 recordings and I've just been listening to SoftWorld stream on SoundCloud this morning at work. I look forward to your contributions here!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ho66it View Post
              Welcome! I really enjoy your Phase 47 recordings and I've just been listening to SoftWorld stream on SoundCloud this morning at work. I look forward to your contributions here!
              Could you put a link to the SoftWorld stream on SoundCloud? All I found was someone named "SubversionPop" as wasn't sure this was the same stream you speak of!
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                Could you put a link to the SoftWorld stream on SoundCloud? All I found was someone named "SubversionPop" as wasn't sure this was the same stream you speak of!
                That's it! That's the stream I was listening to.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ho66it View Post
                  That's it! That's the stream I was listening to.
                  Well then, there we have it!!! Again, cheers Phase47...so much good stuff of yours to soak in!!!

                  -S1gns
                  Synphaera Records
                  Space | Time | Matter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi guys - thanks for the warm welcome. Though it's not ambient, the rough and ready no-wave of SoftWorld can be found here:

                    http://softworld.bandcamp.com

                    Now that we are sorting out the releases for the label, the Subversion Pop soundcloud page will revert to Phase47. (Long, boring story there...)
                    Ascendant Bandcamp // SoundCloud // FaceBook // Twitter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phase47 View Post
                      Gavin, by the way, who's a dear friend, you'll recognize from Eno's early ambient work, and if you haven't check out some of Gavin's material like 'The Sinking of the Titanic," -- highly recommended listening.
                      I've the CD with Sinking... and Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me, easily one of my favourites.

                      I guess quite an influence on me, helped me think in more organic terms, different ways to build a piece, ebb and flow etc etc.
                      Latest release: never to be repeated

                      Hearthis | Soundcloud

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                        I've the CD with Sinking... and Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me, easily one of my favourites.

                        I guess quite an influence on me, helped me think in more organic terms, different ways to build a piece, ebb and flow etc etc.
                        If it's the Obscure reissue from Virgin records - I did master that version as well! (Small world!) One of the best things that I learned from Gavin was about arranging, and how to keep different parts from overlapping frequency-wise.
                        Ascendant Bandcamp // SoundCloud // FaceBook // Twitter

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Welcome Phase47!!
                          http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

                          https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hi phase47. Hope your new system is the go now, and interesting sounding projects.
                            http://www.ourstage.com/profile/fateatc/songs
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/fate_atc/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fate View Post
                              hi phase47. Hope your new system is the go now, and interesting sounding projects.
                              We are GO!
                              Ascendant Bandcamp // SoundCloud // FaceBook // Twitter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X