X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humberside, UK signing in...

Morning,

Anyone else from round here?

Felt I'd better register as I'm getting dronier and more ambient as I progress. Nice that there are forums which aren't dance focused. Here to research effect chains and so on.

Cheers

Welcome to AO.

There is lots of information to be found on here regarding FX chains. In particular the "One Sample Dare" challenges can be particularly enlightening.

I find that some of my best FX chains appear as a result of trial and error experimentation, usually at 2AM in the morning
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Yeah, the 2AM thing is not a favourite of my manager.

Comment

On the other side of the pond, but welcome just the same!

Comment

Welcome! Occasionally guilty of the 2AM thing here also! :>)

Comment

Hello Governmentyard - Welcome to AO - Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

2am (I think) is something that is looked upon as a conventional program - something am not likely to find real music in - though I much prefer somewhere were the perceptions of time don't exist - like at home with the outside world (just across my balcony) running around like headless chickens all panicking because there is not enough hours in the day - though 2am would serve as a great title for a track I think :D
            life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Welcome from Wales!

is your effects chain soft or hardware?
              serenffordd.bandcamp.com
              relaxedmachinery.ning.com/profile/SerenFfordd

Comment

welcome form London as well, i look forward to listening to your work :-)

Ivan

Comment

Working...
                X